forum

Osu!mania adapted video backgrounds

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mJocko
In other key based rhythm games, videos/animations are displayed in a smaller format, to the side of the playing area.
I understand converted maps to have full screen videos, which are annoying to play in o!m, but since there are more and more o!m maps, I think we should start resizing the videos to fit the side of the screen (or maybe we could suggest as a feature that it gets done automatically?).
I know a lot of people probably play without videos, or don't care, but since the feature is there, I think we should aim to make the most use out of it. I've seen a couple o!m maps with full screen videos, which really loses its purpose if its going to be covered with the gameplay area.
Akali
I have all my stuff in the very middle and dim backgrounds anyway, but I guess if you could specify in config file where video should be played it would be cool for people who care. Don't know how "implementable" would it be though.
Xcrypt
It would be messy since everyone has a different position and width for his mania playfield. Also I think this should be posted in feature requests :)
CaptainAhab_old

Xcrypt wrote:

It would be messy since everyone has a different position and width for his mania playfield. Also I think this should be posted in feature requests :)
My thoughts exactly. The default skin's play field width, for example, is very different from the IIDX skin width or other skin play field widths. How would the videos be able to accommodate different skins? Or would it be limited to default skin only? (Eh...)
Topic Starter
mJocko
Yeah, I guess I haven't considered other skins. I posted it here because I wasn't really sure about implementation details and I wanted to know if people is interested and if they have ideas before submiting a feature request.
Maybe adding a few parameters to the skins cfg files for video size and position?
Drace
From a coding perspective, adding size/pos parameters in the ini would be child's play if you're working on resizing and moving the bg anyways, so not a problem at all. I think this is a great suggestion and should be moved to the appropriate section.