forum

creating a new difficulty on other creator's map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Monsterpoof
I made a difficulty on other guy's map, and want to upload it, however it says that the map is not mine.
I understand why i can't submit it because it's not my map, but can i "send" the map to the original beatmapper and like ask for his permission? anything like that?
Or is there a way to make a new map set with only my difficulties?
If you need explanation what i mean by that, feel free to ask me, i really need that info lol >_<
Gsun
Apparently, what you're trying to do is something called a Guest Difficulty (GD), where someone beside the original creator makes their own level/difficulty for said original creator's beatmapset. So for example, in your situation, if you wanted to "fix" this issues of yours, you would need to talk to the original creator about uploading the ENTIRE beatmapset with your diff in it, because the ENTIRE BEATMAPSET, and not just your beatmap alone, is still going to be uploaded under their name and not yours. Does this answer your question?
lewski

Monsterpoof wrote:

Or is there a way to make a new map set with only my difficulties?
follow this guide but include a step where you delete all difficulties that you didn't make (you can do this at any point before you upload the map)
Topic Starter
Monsterpoof
Thank both of you. These answers helped me!
Gsun

Monsterpoof wrote:

Thank both of you. These answers helped me!
You're welcome.