forum

[Archived] I accidentally imported a map into the wrong version of osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LR LandSharks
I just tried the lazer version. Remembered I had downloaded a map but never played it. i found it in my dowloads folder and double-clicked, but that imported it to the stable version. It's not in my downloads folder anymore. How do I make files import to the lazer version, and where did the imported file go?
wowcake
Once the map has been imported, the original .osz file will be deleted since they have been imported to the game (in this case, stable).

If you want to import it to lazer, you can drag the .osz file to the osu!lazer window, and it'll import it.
If you want the map to be imported to lazer by default when you open it, you'll have to change the .osz file to be associated with osu!lazer in Windows File Associations.

(to do this, right click an .osz file and then select "Open With", and then select "More apps", and then select "search for a program on this computer", and then navigate it to your osu!.exe in the lazer folder and select it.)
Topic Starter
LR LandSharks
Two problems.
  1. The game won't exit fullscreen when I select the relevant setting.
  2. I already tried changing the file association. I spent five minutes looking for the .exe and then I found it and selected it and the browsing window to select a program closed and nothing happened. The program of choice didn't update.
wowcake
Might be worth it to check if there's a similar issue in the osu!lazer repo, or if there isn't, create a new discussion explaining the issues here: https://github.com/ppy/osu/discussions/categories/q-a
kaedori
Both versions of the game should have an option to export an already-imported beatmap as an .osz, if you really need that .osz file back. If I recally correctly, both are in the editor, with the stable option being under File > Export package, with lazer being under File > Export package > For compatibility (.osz)

If it helps, F11 is the keybind to change fullscreen mode on lazer, but lazer also has an option to import files from in-game, which should show up if you search "Import files" under the options (Ctrl-O to open options)