forum

osu!mania needs more 5K+1 maps!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ryu Sei
Why nobody maps 5K+1 maps? It's basically the same style as old beatmania or EZ2AC without pedal.

I found out that the key count seems to fun to map with arcade layout in mind, which gives some flexibility between palm/pinky scratch and one-handed operation. It's also very playable with my butchered "linear" layout, which is basically 5K with spacebar but with extra button on ring finger. And so far, we only have 1 (2 if you count the DMCA'd) 5K+1 ranked mapset. (definitely not shameless promotion)

So please, map more 5K+1. It's an even more obscure keycount than 5K and 6K. 😭
midgy
if you're actually wondering why it's because it's just such a niche playstyle and the other games you mentioned cater to them better so people who want them will just go there most of the time, we don't have many index files for 4k either and it's quite fun to play and make for.
(are there actually any ranked full index sets? i know the empress uses index style for one difficulty and blue army is loved)
Topic Starter
Ryu Sei
The old beatmania is... well, old, and EZ2AC is so underground that only Koreans and very few non-Korean rhythm gamers know that it is a thing.

Never heard EZ2AC escapes from its arcade form.
Hoshimegu Mio
No.
UltraBlack
Osu need new features.
Topic Starter
Ryu Sei
Hopefully better scratchjack implementation... been seeing it on the future of osu!lazer features being worked