forum

why isnt the percy working on my mania skin?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[LS]breadles
title is pretty self explanatory, but percy/cut LN is not working normally, which forced me to use another (worse) method of percy, also the skin does not export the name correctly, but that could just be an issue with my osu! client.
skin: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CNx5iJGi_FUtID2crXIWyrUy-qQnGxD9/view?usp=sharing
i've tried just about everything i could: changing NoteBodyStyle in skin.ini, rescaling the percy.png image, the resizing the canvas on the percy.png
any help would be appreciated
everything else in the skin is perfect except for this issue, which directly impacts my gameplay the most especially for dense LN maps
Redo_
Both of these things probably don't work because you have your empty image named as -none which the game doesn't like because it starts with a hyphen. That's why your ini file isn't loaded properly and the game exports the skin with a different name. Just change the name of that asset to empty.png and all the references in skin.ini to empty which should get everything fixed.
Topic Starter
[LS]breadles
i did everything that as instructed, but the issue still remains. do you think it could be an issue with the actual sprite for the percy? i can't find too much documentation on percy LNs on youtube, nor can i find documentation on how columnwidth affects scaling with percy LNs
Redo_
Weird, the moment I changed the empty assets the note started displaying "properly", although the exporting issue remained. I will sit down to it later and see if I can fix it
GrubDarlng
Your skin.ini file wasn't set properly.

Below you have NoteImage0-3T set to the -none file, this made them just not show up:

Setting them to lnt1/2 we get your files to show up:

Redo_ wrote:

Weird, the moment I changed the empty assets the note started displaying "properly", although the exporting issue remained. I will sit down to it later and see if I can fix it
This was probably because the name change made the skin.ini file not be able to find -none, making it default to the files named lnt1/2. Why it didn't work for OP I'm unsure.
Topic Starter
[LS]breadles

GrubDarlng wrote:

Your skin.ini file wasn't set properly.

Below you have NoteImage0-3T set to the -none file, this made them just not show up:

Setting them to lnt1/2 we get your files to show up:

Redo_ wrote:

This was probably because the name change made the skin.ini file not be able to find -none, making it default to the files named lnt1/2. Why it didn't work for OP I'm unsure.
using the lnt1/2 images removes percy