forum

[Archived] Some shortcuts won't work. I need help fixing.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xindopff
Ctrl+Shift+R and Ctrl+Shift+S don't seem to work for me. I can rotate and scale objects manually (by clicking "edit" and then clicking "rotate" or "scale"), it's just the shortcuts that don't work. Other shortcuts function just fine. I also checked my keyboard input on a website and there doesn't seem to be any issue with my keyboard input either. This relatively small problem is literally the only reason I cannot keep working on my new beatmap and it is really infuriating, ngl. I would really appreciate some help.
Jason X
Since this is asking for help on a problem, rather than a mapping technique, I guess this would be better placed in mapping Discussion or the Help forum, as you'd get more attention there than here. You could ask a member of the GMT to have this thread moved.

Sadly can't give any input on your problem :/
Blushing
Do you have anything in the background that could be using up those inputs?

If you don't have anything running in the background and the keyboard/software is not taking up its resources then try below:

If you don't you can try making a hotkey associated with CTRL+SHIFT+R and CTRL+SHIFT+S to any key of your choosing and use that instead.
-NoName-
Moved to Help
Topic Starter
Xindopff
I... have it fixed but I have no idea how. So, I tried running the troubleshooter on my keyboard (it said there was nothing wrong with the keyboard), then updating the drivers (it said that the driver was already up to date) and then connecting the keyboard through another USB port. It started working after those. I don't know which one really fixed it. Though when I connected the keyboard through the USB port I used to use, it still worked. So I don't think it was the USB port.

edit: I restarted my pc and it doesn't work now. I'm really confused.

edit #2: Now shortcuts like Ctrl+Shift+F do not work either, whereas they worked fine earlier.