community forum

Performance Points feedback and suggestions (Standard)

posted
Total Posts
2,650
show more
Winshley
Spun Out reduces the final beatmap's pp by 5%.
SpunOut shouldn't reduce pp by flat percentage, but rather the total amount of length of the spinner(s) or total number of spinner(s) or both instead.

While this may sound silly, I'm planning to use SpunOut to make a HD+HR+FL+SO scores so that I can actually enjoy getting SS with such mod combinations on certain map(s) while preventing myself from taking #1 away from players who have HD+DT or DT+FL scores. Would be weird that I got less pp when the map has 0 spinners, isn't it? :P
Topic Starter
Tom94

Winshley wrote:

Spun Out reduces the final beatmap's pp by 5%.
SpunOut shouldn't reduce pp by flat percentage, but rather the total amount of length of the spinner(s) or total number of spinner(s) or both instead.

While this may sound silly, I'm planning to use SpunOut to make a HD+HR+FL+SO scores so that I can actually enjoy getting SS with such mod combinations on certain map(s) while preventing myself from taking #1 away from players who have HD+DT or DT+FL scores. Would be weird that I got less pp when the map has 0 spinners, isn't it? :P
Making spunout pp depend on the amount of spinners makes sense indeed. I'll see if I can add this in the next balance adjustment.
koromo

NixXSkate wrote:

I've suggested something like this in the thread that wants PP to act as score instead
I actually thought about this a week or so ago but didn't bother posting. Would love to see score replaced with pp for more accurate scoreboards, though a change this big seems unlikely, and is probably too much of a bother, but who knows.
NixXSkate

koromo wrote:

NixXSkate wrote:

I've suggested something like this in the thread that wants PP to act as score instead
I actually thought about this a week or so ago but didn't bother posting. Would love to see score replaced with pp for more accurate scoreboards, though a change this big seems unlikely, and is probably too much of a bother, but who knows.
I would hate it.
koromo

NixXSkate wrote:

I would hate it.
It's probably impossible anyway, considering SS scores + spinner bonus and whatnot (since spinners make no difference in pp), plus tons of replays not being available due to not being in the top 50 despite giving enough pp to make it otherwise.
Woobowiz
pp based scoreboards would be fantastic, and same pp tiebreakers can be resolved after by score, then by date achieved (1st to score it wins)
Nyxa

Woobowiz wrote:

pp based scoreboards would be fantastic, and same pp tiebreakers can be resolved after by score, then by date achieved (1st to score it wins)
Yes.

NixXSkate wrote:

I would hate it.
Why, though? Everybody knows that score has nothing to do with which play was harder to make - just look at the Hoshizora no Ima scoreboard if you disagree. Or Killer Song, or Wahrheit. What's the point of a scoreboard if the top scores aren't the best scores?
NixXSkate
Why are you all discussing this here?
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/220119
Discuss how much you want FL scores to not show on leaderboards most of the time, unclear bonuses on songs, and spinning to be a useless skill in this thread instead, dammit.

Tess wrote:

NixXSkate wrote:

I would hate it.
Why, though? Everybody knows that score has nothing to do with which play was harder to make - just look at the Hoshizora no Ima scoreboard if you disagree. Or Killer Song, or Wahrheit. What's the point of a scoreboard if the top scores aren't the best scores?
I already discussed what I consider a solution in this thread previously (if you scroll up), and a previous post in the other thread.
Nyxa
Suggestion unrelated to any previous discussion - does anyone else think it would be a good idea to have a #pp channel in-game? I mean, this thread has been going on for a while, it's clear that, since pp is constantly evolving, it will be constantly discussed. Maybe live discussion of it wouldn't be such a bad idea. Just a suggestion. After looking at that other thread, it just seems like a lot of people have questions about pp and have things they'd like to discuss about it, and plenty of people seem interested, so, I think this might be a pretty beneficial idea.

Opinions?
Gigo
Uhm... can't you just discuss pp-related stuff here? That's why this thread was created in the first place. Why is a separate channel needed? I really don't see a point.
Nyxa
Because channels are faster than threads. With your argument ("Can't you just discuss it on the forums?") any IRC channel would be obsolete, because a forum thread could be made for it. However, this thread is nearing 100 pages. For how much longer do you intend to keep it going, anyway?
GoldenWolf

Tess wrote:

However, this thread is nearing 100 pages. For how much longer do you intend to keep it going, anyway?
For as long as people aren't 100% happy with the current pp system and they see potential changes that would make it more accurate
Nyxa
Which is for a long time. Well, it was just a suggestion, i think it might be useful.
Makan1
I really dislike the idea of pp based scoreboards, I don't see it working exceptionally well.
First it would make FL even more useless
Second it could make a lot of even scores of popular maps which everyone hdhr SS

I guess this feature can be applicable to supporter leaderboards but I don't see the point of it at all unless its only for seeing how much pp this play is worth, then that can just be added somewhere under the actual score with the combo and such.

FL players work extremely hard only to get 1st on a map and it seems unfair.
Zare

Makan1 wrote:

Second it could make a lot of even scores of popular maps which everyone hdhr SS

Makan1 wrote:

everyone hdhr SS

Makan1 wrote:

everyone

Makan1 wrote:

hdhr SS
:^)
Makan1

Zare wrote:

Makan1 wrote:

Second it could make a lot of even scores of popular maps which everyone hdhr SS

Makan1 wrote:

everyone hdhr SS

Makan1 wrote:

everyone

Makan1 wrote:

hdhr SS
:^)
Gahhhhhh you know what I meant. Not 'everyone' but people who are 'ok' at the game.
Actually fuck that, how about a easy map where everyone SS with 4 mods for top 50
D:<
What if it were the case where it was easy to SS with hdhr but too fast of a Bpm to do on DT :o
........... Guess maps that fast are hard to SS anyways, yea.
Ok only easy maps or In the future where everyone it godlike
Genki1000
I'm actually more concerned about maps like this

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/85675&m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/66359&m=0

where people deliberately take off HR to gain more spinner bonus.

PP scoreboards will completely reset the rankings those kind of maps
Vuelo Eluko

Genki1000 wrote:

I'm actually more concerned about maps like this

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/85675&m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/66359&m=0

where people deliberately take off HR to gain more spinner bonus.

PP scoreboards will completely reset the rankings those kind of maps
the scoring system should already discourage this kind of crap. it will become first come first serve and the randoms spinning their way onto scoreboards on 1 star maps that anyone can FC on their first day instead of properly progressing or playing maps their level will be encouraged to do so. Sure there's no 'right' way to play osu! but does the system really need to reward such a stagnant playstyle?
laref
Just store the highest score and highest pp play separately. Say you got a hrhd SS and an sliderbreak DT on remote control. The hrhd would have the highest score, therefore it being the one displayed in the map's leaderboard. The DT score would be the highest pp one of the two, so it would be the one being used for the calculation of the user's total pp.

Might have been mentioned already, but this is the way I'd do it.

I don't really see a good enough point in implementing some kind of special leaderboards for pp plays. The way you can view specific mod plays on a song (as supporter) is pretty much enough in my opinion. Just start saving two plays of each map diff: highest score, highest pp.
Full Tablet

ntaig wrote:

Just store the highest score and highest pp play separately. Say you got a hrhd SS and an sliderbreak DT on remote control. The hrhd would have the highest score, therefore it being the one displayed in the map's leaderboard. The DT score would be the highest pp one of the two, so it would be the one being used for the calculation of the user's total pp.

Might have been mentioned already, but this is the way I'd do it.

I don't really see a good enough point in implementing some kind of special leaderboards for pp plays. The way you can view specific mod plays on a song (as supporter) is pretty much enough in my opinion. Just start saving two plays of each map diff: highest score, highest pp.
p/1736817 (feature request made when ppv1 was still new).
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply