forum

[resolved] Country rank decreasing but Global rank increasing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
gingerro0t
I'm improving globally but doing worse in my country??
when I started getting more serious about my ranks, I was above the million mark globally. Now I'm under 700,000 but my country rank has gotten worse and worse! I remember being closer to 100,000 but now I'm sitting at 131,000 and it keeps raising! Every time I get a new benchmark globally, I check in on my country rank and always get disappointed. Is this accurate? If it's not, how would I even change this?
Any tips to raising country rank or is it better trying to raise my global rank.

osu! version: Stable 20230814.2 (latest)
wowcake
Country rank and global rank are tied to the same thing, which is performance points (pp), so basically, your rank is determined by the amount of performance points you have.

When you gain performance points, it will update your rank (both country and global), so you can't really choose whether to improve your global or country rank.

The reason for why your country rank is decreasing is because there are players from the same country as yours that have surpassed your pp amount, even when you're doing well in the global ranking.

So, to increase your ranks, you should focus on setting more top plays!
Topic Starter
gingerro0t

Wowcake wrote:

Country rank and global rank are tied to the same thing, which is performance points (pp), so basically, your rank is determined by the amount of performance points you have.

When you gain performance points, it will update your rank (both country and global), so you can't really choose whether to improve your global or country rank.

The reason for why your country rank is decreasing is because there are players from the same country as yours that have surpassed your pp amount, even when you're doing well in the global ranking.

So, to increase your ranks, you should focus on setting more top plays!

thank you so much!! this is very helpful