forum

Forearm and keyboard

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Myke B
I want to know two things: Do you like your keyboard tilted or not, and do you rest your forearm on your desk, or let it dangle w/ your keyboard resting on the very edge of the desk. I've been experimenting with both, and I'm not sure which I prefer. I'm not quite sure which one I should practice with, and get good at.
PlasticSmoothie
I put my keyboard at an angle and rest my forearm on the table. Haven't got it raised.
Nakage
My keyboard has a 10 degree tilt and rests on the very edge of my desk. My elbow is on an arm rest and the rest of my arm freely floats up to my hand.
iWhorse

Myke B wrote:

I want to know two things: Do you like your keyboard tilted or not, and do you rest your forearm on your desk, or let it dangle w/ your keyboard resting on the very edge of the desk. I've been experimenting with both, and I'm not sure which I prefer. I'm not quite sure which one I should practice with, and get good at.

use your forearm to propel your fist into your monitor and\or keyboard

ot tilted keyboard feels wierd and pretty impossible with my desk anyways, i rest forearm on my armchair now but used to do it on my desk(don't not because its at a really odd angle and i figured out it wasnt very good, many people don't rest forearm at all)
Nakage

iWhorse wrote:

use your forearm to propel your fist into your monitor and\or keyboard)
Topic Starter
Myke B

iWhorse wrote:

Myke B wrote:

use your forearm to propel your fist into your monitor and\or keyboard

ot tilted keyboard feels wierd and pretty impossible with my desk anyways, i rest forearm on my armchair now but used to do it on my desk(don't not because its at a really odd angle and i figured out it wasnt very good, many people don't rest forearm at all)
so rest your hand/wrist, and raise forearm -is that correct?

Edit: this feels pretty nice actually. Sadly, I play on a poker table and it's very unstable lol, and it shakes lol. I'll have to upgrade.
iWhorse

Myke B wrote:

so rest your hand/wrist, and raise forearm -is that correct?

Edit: this feels pretty nice actually. Sadly, I play on a poker table and it's very unstable lol, and it shakes lol. I'll have to upgrade.

yeah i remember you saying something about that before, sucks

my forearm is pretty level though, otherwise that's right
Rewben2
I have my wrist at the very edge of the desk and my keyboard slightly forward, keyboard flat. My forearm goes at a slight downwards angle (probably 30 degrees) and my elbow sits on my armrest. Sometimes I lift my wrist up for faster streams because it helps in my opinion.
Oinari-sama
I use the armrests on my chair. Tilted keyboard.

I add extra padding under my wrists by folding towels.
iderekmc
i tilt my keyboard a bit clockwise cos my middle finger is longer than the index xD
RaneFire

iderekmc wrote:

i tilt my keyboard a bit clockwise cos my middle finger is considerably longer than the index xD
about 1.8cm longer here.
iderekmc

RaneFire wrote:

iderekmc wrote:

i tilt my keyboard a bit clockwise cos my middle finger is considerably longer than the index xD
about 1.8cm longer here.
LOL thats alot xD mine like 1
thelewa

RaneFire wrote:

iderekmc wrote:

about 1.8cm longer here.
so your index finger only reaches the final joint of your middle finger, too?

Anyway I have my keyboard completely level with the table or at a very slight angle (it's never an intentional angle because I move my gear around all the time) and it's about 15cm from the edge of the desk. Whether I'm resting my hand on the table or not depends on the day, it's something that I change without noticing.
RaneFire

thelewa wrote:

so your index finger only reaches the final joint of your middle finger, too?
Yeah, I guess you could say that. I prefer tapping with my middle finger.

My middle finger also does not like to lift that well though, for playing "finger-only" tapping, it is very slow (about 180BPM 1/2 max). Must be something to do with my knuckle arrangement. But, because of this "arrangement," it's very strong for wrist tapping and I could jackhammer 50% faster, and for much longer, since the day I switched to it a few months ago. It takes the strain very well and the only thing that actually hurts after minutes of single-tap-deathstreaming 120BPM+ (1/4) is my forearm, like using both fingers would.
Senryakku
Only my hands and wrists are on the desk ( 7 cm from edge to keyboard )
Mizuno Yui
Elbow on chair armrest, wrist on the table. Keyboard slightly tilted to the right.
Topic Starter
Myke B

thelewa wrote:

Anyway I have my keyboard completely level with the table or at a very slight angle (it's never an intentional angle because I move my gear around all the time) and it's about 15cm from the edge of the desk. Whether I'm resting my hand on the table or not depends on the day, it's something that I change without noticing.
So you rest your forearm on that 15cm I assume? or float?