forum

[Archived] Can't record osu using OBS studio

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
The true A
Problem details:
I used to be able to record no problem every time up until about an hour ago, I restarted my pc, and saw that all my osu settings were reverted back to normal (honestly no problem but it is kind of annoying).
After fixing all my settings I tried recording something with OBS, at first it seemed normal, I selected osu in window capture (this is how I've always done it, never had issues) and it seemed normal, but after around 10 seconds of recording, the thing froze, I didnt realize in that moment and kept playing, but after that when I checked the recording, I realized it had frozen in a random frame on the song select screen and stayed there for the rest of the recording, but you could still hear the audio normally, I checked OBS and the option to even record osu was gone, after that I just couldnt select it again, every other app recorded normally, or so it seems. Restarted my pc and basically the same thing happened, fine at first, freezes, and the osu window recording option disappears.

Obviously I tried using game record on obs, osu appeared there, but when I selected it, it just showed as a black screen.

osu! version: Stable 20230814.2 (latest)
redleader20056
you can't capture fullscreen games with window capture

the best thing to do here is to select "game capture" and set it to "Capture any fullscren application" instead of selecting the osu! window specifically