forum

i'm forgor how mod maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Asahina Oleshev
I'm quite an experienced mapper, and with modding it seems everything should be fine, but no.

For three years, I dreamed of becoming a bn so that I could make a mark on the history of osu, and I steadily aspired to this. But at some point, I began to slowly lose interest in modding, along with it, I abandoned mapping for a month. Now I'm trying to get back, I made one beatmap that will probably go to the ranked, but the desire to become bn remains, unfortunately modding does not arouse my interest.

I just want to understand at what point and how it all started and what prevents me from continuing to write mods?

Even if I don’t know the answer myself, I may not get it here, but nevertheless I kept it in myself for a very long time and was afraid to tell at least someone about it because of condemnation.
Lyawi
hmm thinking about the modding-aspect of being bn makes me wonder what exactly is the desire for you. maybe you should focus on mapping first (as this includes a bit of modding) until you feel more ready to go for your actual goal
Gsun

Asahina Oleshev wrote:

I'm quite an experienced mapper, and with modding it seems everything should be fine, but no.

For three years, I dreamed of becoming a bn so that I could make a mark on the history of osu, and I steadily aspired to this. But at some point, I began to slowly lose interest in modding, along with it, I abandoned mapping for a month. Now I'm trying to get back, I made one beatmap that will probably go to the ranked, but the desire to become bn remains, unfortunately modding does not arouse my interest.

I just want to understand at what point and how it all started and what prevents me from continuing to write mods?

Even if I don’t know the answer myself, I may not get it here, but nevertheless I kept it in myself for a very long time and was afraid to tell at least someone about it because of condemnation.
Describe your problem in more detail, because I still don't really know enough to help you out, frankly.
Castagne
If modding doesn't interest you currently then I would lay off trying to become a BN since you have to mod lots as a BN. Mapping in itself is fun and you can always casually mod when you feel like it. When you find yourself modding frequently you could try to construct a BN application.

I am in a modding slump too and I think modding is best done when done regularly, but when you don't feel like it you shouldn't force yourself.
Randomness64
i m quite confused what you meant by (I just want to understand at what point and how it all started and what prevents me from continuing to write mods?)?

if you are actually an experienced mapper,modding maps should be second nature cause of experience,unless you dont have enough experience to mod specefic genres such as tech maps,most maps follow the usual general ''set of rules'' (structure,rythm,flow and aim),then i would recommend trying to mod maps that you have experience with,in the same genre that you are comfortable with,then branch out to other type of maps,gaining further knowledge along the way.