forum

Mouse problem, driving me insane

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rinku
Basically I have mouse accel. I DO NOT have Enhance pointer precision checked. I play with 6/11 windows speed, 1.0x in Osu!, and 600 dpi. So basically I thought the problem lied within my razer naga being laser and old and bad but I recently got the deathadder and have the exact same problem.

So here's the problem... It feels like I have a tiny bit of mouse acceleration but don't understand why. Its very obvious in a few songs that my mouse moves downwards and ends up inches lower then where I started the song. Sometimes it's literally falling off the table and I have to readjust or fail the song trying. I am not subconsciously picking up my mouse, it is always on my mouse pad. So with all of this I am really confused at the problem. Is there more mouse settings that I need to fix? I also have razer synapse installed but that accel is also 0.

Thanks for reading and I apologize in advanced if the problem is my ignorance of a simple solution but I can't seem to find one.
AmaiHachimitsu
It doesn't have to be an accel.

It's something called mouse drift and some patterns in the map make your mouse drift in specific directions. I don't really know the exact reason for this, it could be your lifting the mouse a bit or sth (even if you feel you aren't). I don't think accel alone would drift your mouse so much.

This is one of the problems every mouse player must to deal with. And this is probably the main and most annoying one. I can't FC some maps because of this.

I think nothing can be done, you just must be prepared for drifts and learn how to reposition your mouse on slower parts.
RaneFire
Let me guess, you noticed that your new mouse was drifting in a different direction to your old one, or just drifting even more?
Golfdinger
I'm going to make a safe assumption that you don't actually have any acceleration. Your problem is most likely just a nuance of using a mouse.
Because mice don't read how they are oriented, your mouse and your mouse pointer's position can desyncronize even if you never lift your mouse. To observe this, try the following:
Position your mouse cursor at the right edge of the screen whlie positioning your physical mouse towards the bottom edge of your mousepad.
Take note of both your mouse and cursor positions.
Without moving your mouse cursor, twist your mouse 90 degrees clockwise.
Use both hands to push the mouse about an inch towards the top of your mouse pad.
Twist your mouse 180 degrees counter-clockwise.
Use both hands to pull your mouse back to its original position.
Twist your mouse 90 degrees clockwise.

Congratulations, you've drifted your mouse cursor away.
Purple
I thought about it for a little bit but I can't come up with any obvious solution to your problem. Just sounds like mouse play to me. It sucks. All of my top scores have been done with Mouse (I haven't done anything with my tablet yet) so you can trust me when I say it sucks. If mouse drift wasn't such an issue then Peachick Gokuri Kriers and others would be gods at this game.
Golfdinger
buy bigger mouse pad
RaneFire

Golfdinger wrote:

buy bigger mouse pad
Is this supposed to work? Because it doesn't, provided he has an A3 pad at least already... the further away you move from your normal playing position, drift gets exponentially worse in that direction and your arm and wrist gets into a position or angle where you can't actually aim properly anymore. Re-positioning is still the best option.

OP's mouse is drifting downwards to the bottom-edge of his desk too, he's probably already tried moving his mouse up as much as he can without sacrificing his aim. Higher DPI is the only quick solution. More practice being the long-term solution.
Topic Starter
Rinku
Yep well it must be mouse drift. I guess I didn't understand the physics of a mouse until you guys pointed that out. Thanks for the comments. The only thing left to do is suck it up and continue playing with mouse :(
thelewa
what you can do is to stop moving the mouse with your wrist and instead keep the mouse facing one direction all the time and move it with your entire arm

that's how kriers does it, it reduces mouse drift by a lot
AmaiHachimitsu
^ Yeah, I thought about this one, but it still hard to pull off
RaneFire
It is hard :(

I like to use my wrist for very fast direction-change jumps. I just can't do that with my whole arm accurately. If a map is too fast I find myself using my wrist the entire time and drift away in mere seconds. Otherwise I don't hit them at all.

I like mouse, it's so much more natural for me, but I just wish I could play the really fast stuff and not drift all over the place. I find myself leaning on using my tablet all the time for faster aim-oriented maps.
shortpotato
reposition mouse on spinners / long sliders / breaks
SanicHegehog

thelewa wrote:

what you can do is to stop moving the mouse with your wrist and instead keep the mouse facing one direction all the time and move it with your entire arm

that's how kriers does it, it reduces mouse drift by a lot
Still drifts.

Does help though.
salez
RaneFire

salez wrote:

Use this.
http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.fi/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html
It redefines the curve used by the 'Enhance pointer precision' feature to be a completely straight line. The slope of the line is tuned so that every on-mouse-pad mouse movement is turned into exactly the same amount of on-screen pointer movement.

If you have 'Enhance pointer precision' OFF, then the fix will not be active (but it will be waiting to be activated when needed).
Just as some games turn it on when you don't want them to, we can turn it on manually to test that the fix is working properly.
osu! doesn't auto-enable EPP. Only 14+ year old FPS games do. Turning it off in mouse options is enough.
BlazePlaizu
This is really annoying, is there anything else other than moving your whole arm and repositioning on spinners, as i already do these and the mouse drift is really hard to FC maps with
KupcaH
Look to the date of first post.
dung eater
Try using the forum search and reading more about mousedrift. It happens because of your habits in moving mouse and tilting hand in a way that drives the mouse away.
DLC
Buy the rival 600, completely eliminates LOD (lift-off distance) mouse drift. Check out some reviews so you understand what im saying.
The Gambler
The shovel wasn't deep enough now, was it?
show more