forum

[Archived] osu! experiences occasional framerate stutters with 1000hz mouse polling rate

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Enkrypton
Problem details:
I am experiencing framerate stutters when I have my mouse polling rate set to 1000hz. The framerate stutters mostly disappears when I use my mouse at 500hz but with my PC specs should not be having framerate stutters just because the polling rate of my mouse is set to 1000hz. I notice no spikes in CPU or GPU usage on task managers and resource monitor when these framerate stutters happen. The stutters can range from being mild (slightly noticeable, 2 orange squares on osu! fps display) to extreme (causes me to fail, red square and multiple orange squares on fps display)

I have already tried the following within osu!:
- compatibility mode
- tried raw input on and off
- tried native fullscreen, fullscreen and windowed
- unconfining mouse cursor
- tried all frame limiter options
- tried reduce dropped frames on and off
- tried detect performance issues on and off
- tried on Stable, beta and cutting edge
- for some reason I do not get these stutters at all on lazer

I have tried the following on my computer:
- updating my BIOS to the most recent version on my motherboard website: 7B00v1L2(Beta version)
- disabling Global C states in BIOS. I've read on other sources to disable the C3 state but MSI BIOS only has this option.
- disabling Hyper-V and virtualization
- having my monitors run at native/reccomended resolution
- updating Windows/checking for Windows updates
- updating my graphics drivers
- updating my mouse drivers and firmware
- reinstalling windows mouse driver
- setting my power plan to high performance
- trying another mouse at 1000hz
- uninstalling all mouse software
- installing the recommended mouse software for the current plugged in mouse (only the software for the current mouse is installed)
- disabling GeForce overlay and closing Discord completely
- uninstalling all windows mouse drivers from device manager and rebooting
- turning off all my monitors except the main one
- unplugging every USB device except my mouse (no unknown devices in device manager)
- rebooting my PC

Some extra things I noticed:
- when using a mouse polling rate tester, the mouse polling rate will sometimes go above 1000hz when I have the mouse set to 1000hz
- when using 500hz there is sometimes also sometimes framerate stutters but much less frequent and sometimes hardly noticeable

PC specs:
Motherboard: MSI B350 GAMING PRO CARBON
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3.70 GHz
GPU: Nvidia 1070ti
RAM: 16 GB
Mouse 1: Corsair DARK CORE PRO RGB
Mouse 2: Logitech G Pro X Superlight
osu! version: Stable 20230814.2

I am almost certain I have tried every possible solution that I have found at this point except reformatting my PC which I would prefer not to do. I have been suffering from this issue for months and have no idea what is wrong. I am literally willing to gift supporter to the person who can figure out the issue since I am sure I have actually tried everything possible. I've already asked on stack exchange superuser and the people there actually told me to "just use 500hz lol" and some guy even tried to lecture me on human reaction speeds. I'm looking for a solution to my issue not suggestions to turn to 500hz. My PC should not be getting stutters on a 1000hz mouse.
hyro
are you using NVIDIA RTX Voice in a minimized state?
do you have hardware acceleration turned off for your operating system OS, browser, and discord?
these may be interfering with the frame rate.
Goldyable
I have to confirm that this also appears to me as well lately, but I sadly can’t do much about it, wish you the best mate!
Topic Starter
Enkrypton

hyro wrote:

are you using NVIDIA RTX Voice in a minimized state?
do you have hardware acceleration turned off for your operating system OS, browser, and discord?
these may be interfering with the frame rate.
I do not have RTX Voice installed. I have already tried playing without any other applications open but the problem persists. I have hardware acceleration off on my browser and Discord. It is also turned off on my Windows settings.
UJYM
Try setting on NVidia control panel

before i set the setting i also had a stutter like that
but after i tried many times, i found the solution, may this help..

Also try to change in-game setting