forum

[Archived] Heya so I need help with High MS Problems After Monitor Change

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Khumahai

Problem details:

I'm not much of a computer guy but I've been having this problem where my Osu just stays over 6ms+ in the Menu and 4ms+ in gameplay, after I changed my 60hz monitor to a 75hz monitor, and I don't have an idea on what's going on. Looking at other High MS posts, I've checked my Nvidia Control Panel, and I've changed every settings to either off or low, including the Nvidia Osu program settings but nothing seems to change. I've also tried changing the FrameLimiter in Osu itself and also change my osu to borderless or fullscreen, sadly none of that seemed to change...

I checked Osu!lazer and everything seems to be fine in it. But when I go into regular Osu the game just stays at high ms. When I was using my 60hz monitor I averaged 0.7ms, but The lowest ms I've had after I switched to the 75hz monitor was 3ms during gameplay and 5ms in the menu, Incase I cannot fix this problem I can just stick to Osu!Lazer, or swap back to the old monitor.

Just fyi this problem is only effecting my ms, not my frames during gameplay. I can see the game in its normal frames but I can barely play it due to the ms.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

MS In Menu:

MS In Gameplay:

osu! version: Stable 20230727.9 (latest)