forum

[invalid] Some corrections to new pp system

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
XEPCOH
As you know, pp system has been recalculated some time ago. There are plenty of some errors that should be corrected:
1. Accuracy in CtB:
It is strange but in this game mode big and small droplets were counted like 100s and 50s. That is obviously incorrect due to their equal impact with ordinary fruits so the first step I suggest is to recalculate the accuracy because on ranking screen it fluctuates between 65~75% instead of 97-100%.
2. Performance point discrepancies in game modes.
While looking at standard, taiko and osu!mania modes, we can notice that maximum pp equals approximately 6500-8000 while in CtB - ~360. Therefore, it must be fixed, too.
3. Decimal performance.
There is a big problem many players experience. When they played and earned some amount of pp which is less than 1.0, it does not count at all. In my opinion, adjusting new type of it (1-2 digits after comma) will slightly improve the fairness of it.
e.g. Old system 5201pp+2.3pp+0.7pp=5203pp
New system 5201pp+2.3pp+0.7pp=5204pp

I hope that some of this will be implemented!
Myke B
Give it time, it's in beta. Peppy will figure it out.
Luna
I know that it's not finalized yet, but feedback can't hurt, right?
Taiko: Standard conversions are *ridiculously* overrated. I intentionally avoid playing them because I find them to be incredibly boring and repetitive, as a result I dropped from #76 to #1120. It turn, a TON of completely unknown [Normal] and [Hard] farmers are now ranked extremely highly even though they couldn't even dream of competing with lower ranked Oni-only players in terms of skill.
While I don't particularly care about dropping in rank myself (in fact I think I was ranked too highly in the old system), it's definitely not a good representation of skill atm.
Yano
update: i’ve begun to implement v2 in the live system. results aren’t final, chill out.
Give it time ... also Peppy is only a human
Luna
We realize that it's not finalized, we are just pointing out the biggest flaws so ppy knows what to fix first.
Some of this he'll probably have figured out quickly himself (the CtB rankings/accuracy lol), but other parts might be less obvious to someone not actively playing the specific mode (like how standard conversions are hugely overrated in taiko). It's not like we're throwing a tantrum and calling ppy a bad dev, it's just feedback on a new feature.
Myke B

Luna wrote:

We realize that it's not finalized, we are just pointing out the biggest flaws so ppy knows what to fix first.
Some of this he'll probably have figured out quickly himself (the CtB rankings/accuracy lol), but other parts might be less obvious to someone not actively playing the specific mode (like how standard conversions are hugely overrated in taiko). It's not like we're throwing a tantrum and calling ppy a bad dev, it's just feedback on a new feature.
I may be being too generous here, but I think Peppy probably already understands the big ones.