forum

Concerns about music video

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SparklyCupcake
Hi, i'm wanting to map the song 2+2=5 by Radiohead. There exists a famous music video* (fanmade) for the song and I want to use it (with permission), however the music video contains copious amounts of nudity and sexual scenes. I (and presumably the uploader) think that censoring the offending content proves correct the Orwellian allusions present throughout the song (and the album that it opens).

What do I do? Do I leave the video in and put it under explicit or do I leave it out and do not put it under explicit, but link to it in the beatmap description?

*the link goes to the combined reprint as the band's record label - not the band themselves i imagine because of their acceptance of fan content - claimed the original youtube prints
WitherMite
explicit tag only refers to the song's content, and isn't meant for the background or video stuff.
wiki/Rules/Explicit_content

So it would probably be best to go with the second option and be safe, the VCC's artistic nudity exception says minor nudity and the scenes with sexual violence are probably a bit much. Probably not worth the effort to try and argue for an exception either, since its not made specifically for your map. Though you could try if you'd like.
wiki/Rules/Visual_content_considerations
Topic Starter
SparklyCupcake
alright thanks! yeah i wasnt entirely sure considering how intense and demented the music video is