forum

Applause sound not playing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ichbinmaxi
I know that this question has been asked many times, but despite reading through many of those threads, I couldn't find the answer.

I want to have a custom applause sound after finishing a map. But when I complete a map, the file isn't playing and it's completely silent.

1. I have tried the .mp3, .wav AND .ogg formats
  1. I have always completed the map myself with >50% health and 96%+ acc
  1. I used “ctrl” + “alt” + “shift” + “s” many times
  1. “Use skin sound samples” is active
  1. I named the file itself correctly
  1. I don't have more than one applause file
  1. When I play a different skin on the same map, the applause of this other skin works, so it's also not map related

I don't know what's wrong, I've tried everything suggested in past threads and Reddit posts.
Maybe someone can help me.
Redo_
Doubt that's it but, what's the filesize of your applause? In the worst case scenario you could upload your skin somewhere and I'd check it out
Topic Starter
Ichbinmaxi

Redo_ wrote:

Doubt that's it but, what's the filesize of your applause? In the worst case scenario you could upload your skin somewhere, and I'd check it out
That's also a theory of me. That the filesize of my applause is too big.
It's 10.7 MB in the .wav format.
The thing is, that I've also made a shorter version of this applause, which is 4.80 MB in the .ogg format.
edit: the smaller version works somehow

Has the applause file a size limit? In another tread, someone denied it.
Redo_
Never heard of it having one, wiki doesn't mention anything either. But I didn't have any other logical explanation.
Topic Starter
Ichbinmaxi

Redo_ wrote:

Never heard of it having one, wiki doesn't mention anything either. But I didn't have any other logical explanation.
Can I send you my skin so you can have a look at it? I can send it in about 10 hours or so because I’m currently not at home.
Redo_
sure