[Archived] osu! just doesnt register my clicks

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dayhuta
Problem details:
yo i just met an issue related to my click register
so here is the problem:
sometimes i can click but my osu just dont reg that ima tryed to play with 2 other keyboard but problem is still there
does anyone met with this problem before?

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUqnn-felZQ and https://youtu.be/MbDlefBh74c (watch 0.25 and try to listen clicksounds)

osu! version: Stable 20230628.2
Justclaner
For future reference, you could of just enabled key overlay (in the settings), which would make everybody's lives easier.

Does this still happen on slower and easier maps? If not, then its a skill issue. This is believable because it still happens with 2 other keyboards and you're new to osu. At your level, its entirely possible and reasonable that you're just not tapping at the right time (when your cursor is not on the circle yet/anymore).

Also, sometimes this happens when note lock occurs. Note lock is when there is at least two circles on screen, and you click/tap on the one that is not the one you're supposed to click/tap. This is to prevent the player from hitting the circles in any order they want, and this is a huge issue in high bpm jumps/streams. However, this only occurs if you missed the first circle in the first place. I saw that this actually happened in the first video that you linked. You'll know it happens when the circle "shakes" when you try to click/tap on it.
Topic Starter
dayhuta

Justclaner wrote:

For future reference, you could of just enabled key overlay (in the settings), which would make everybody's lives easier.

Does this still happen on slower and easier maps? If not, then its a skill issue. This is believable because it still happens with 2 other keyboards and you're new to osu. At your level, its entirely possible and reasonable that you're just not tapping at the right time (when your cursor is not on the circle yet/anymore).

Also, sometimes this happens when note lock occurs. Note lock is when there is at least two circles on screen, and you click/tap on the one that is not the one you're supposed to click/tap. This is to prevent the player from hitting the circles in any order they want, and this is a huge issue in high bpm jumps/streams. However, this only occurs if you missed the first circle in the first place. I saw that this actually happened in the first video that you linked. You'll know it happens when the circle "shakes" when you try to click/tap on it.
my key overlay is just doesnt work with osu!
it can work without osu!, but when osu! is open my pressing just dont shows

heres the video https://youtu.be/BoSZtuZoB44
Justclaner
I mean key overlay by literally in the game settings. You would see K1, K2, M1, and M2 on the right side of your screen. Also you didn't address anything else I said, does this still happen on easier maps?
Topic Starter
dayhuta

Justclaner wrote:

I mean key overlay by literally in the game settings. You would see K1, K2, M1, and M2 on the right side of your screen. Also you didn't address anything else I said, does this still happen on easier maps?
sometimes on the all types of maps