forum

[Archived] mobile sucks

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mis0-s0up
Problem details: everything is really laggy, lots of lagspikes, when i try to connect my drum or my keyboard to my phone the input is WAY off. sometimes audio will cut out completely, or the game will freeze/be stuck on one frame, i have to exit the app for it to fix itself otherwise its just going to be stuck like that. sometimes i will play ctb because thats the only mode that i can play that is truly mobile compatible rn (taiko, maybe, but the controls are garbage) and the side buttons are very slow to respond. most importantly i hate the x for the pause menu is right where the bottom right button is. std bursts are unplayable after a certain point, and mania is not formatted for mobile at all, even if you can still hit notes within the tiny windows up to 7k.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: n/a

osu! version: lazer for mobile, im on a samsung galaxy AO3s. osu! 2023.717.0-lazer
wowcake
The developers are trying to first prioritize the experience for PCs first, because of that, more efforts are put to that compared to mobile. The gameplay experience mobile device is still being worked on alot to make it feel better.
But that's just how it is for now since there are still many things to be optimized.

Once they start to optimize more the experiences for mobile, it will improve alot better! But unfortunately, for now you'll just have to wait.
Topic Starter
mis0-s0up
understood, i knew mobile would have some problems. i just wanted to test it and share my issues using the client with support so that the devs could potentially view it and understand/fix it at a later point. i dont find as many issues on my pc, and just recently found out about mobile, so i figured i would review it on my device. im going to see how it functions on my other mobile devices, to see if i find the same problems or if they get better or worse. i appreciate the heads up, however