forum

[Archived] Offset past sane limits?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Brunixxx
Hey there.
Over the past months I've been playing osu!mania, I noticed that there is a specific offset in my wireless headphones that goes over the osu!'s sane offset limits (300ms), in this case the offset goes in 410ms late but since I can't override these limits I want to know if there is any way to override this limit.

You may wonder... How did I got so much good scores? Turns out that I skip a very unnoticable time span which makes my offset goes towards 10 - (-10)ms, therefore making calculations inaccurate.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

osu! version: Stable 20230628.2 (latest)
Ryu Sei
Wireless headphones are discouraged to use in rhythm games. Even in current technology, it always introduces a noticeable latency.

From my personal experience, turning off hitsound volume seems to help alleviate the issue due to how osu! handles offset and hitsounds. But the experience isn't as enjoyable as if using wired headphones instead.
Topic Starter
Brunixxx
I do have taken in cons

Ryu Sei wrote:

Wireless headphones are discouraged to use in rhythm games. Even in current technology, it always introduces a noticeable latency.

From my personal experience, turning off hitsound volume seems to help alleviate the issue due to how osu! handles offset and hitsounds. But the experience isn't as enjoyable as if using wired headphones instead.
I do have taken consideration about wired headphones, though I'm aware that maybe there is a tool put there to past it

Plus, lazer currently supports over 300ms. Though I'm not sure if there is such tool out there at all.

Still though, thanks for the advice.
Topic Starter
Brunixxx
Okay, so just a follow up and probs going to close the post, I found a workaround by editing the configuration file for my user in the game's files. So there should be no problem

Still, for further reference I should probably look for a better wired headphones set so avoid manipulating the game's files :/