forum

[CLOSED] lux's mod + gd queue [STD | OPEN]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LuxLite

「 CLOSED 」

MODS
  1. Kinda miss modding rn, so we're back.
  2. Not really looking to mod new mappers, but I did put together a general mod below that might help you if you just started mapping.
  3. Just send your map, dm me for m4m. M4M MAP
    New Mappers
    Timing
    Bpm: The first thing the editor will ask you to do is tap to the song. This will set the song's bpm. after tapping for a some time, open the timing panel and set the bpm to the nearest whole number.
    Offset: The offset should reflect the first strong sound in the song. For most songs that's the kick drum. To set the offset slow the song to 25% then use the arrows to adjust the offset untill the metronome tick overlaps with the first strong sound in the song
    Bpm: Once you have the offset, you can fine tune the bpm to ensure the metronome follows the entire song. Using the timeline, move throughout the song to see if the metronome follows the song. If not adjust the bpm in small whole number increments until you find the right bpm. If you're still not able to sync the metronome, the song either has a decimal bpm or multiple bpms. If this is the case, I recommend just finding a new song until you can comfortably determine multiple offsets and bpms.
    Spacing
    Spacing should be used to represent the differing intensities between different sections of a song, as well as the difference in intensity between each sound in a section. In most music, the bridge is less intense than the verse, which is less intense than the chorus. Your spacing should reflect this, as constant spacing throughout the entirety of a map leads to monotony. It's also important to use larger spacing in the more intense sections as the player expects the map to get harder and more intense with the music. Beyond contrast between sections it's also important to not use constant spacing throughout a section. Most songs do not have the same sound repeating, there are various instruments and elements with varying levels of intensity and emphasis placed on them in a song. I.e. a snare is going to have more emphasis than a hi-hat. While constant spacing can still be visually appealing, varying spacing helps follow the dynamics in a song, making the song more engaging and enjoyable to play.
    Patterns
    One you have your rhythms down and understand how you're going to use spacing throughout your map, that's when you can start organizing your objects on the playfield. A pattern is just a cohesive collection of objects for visuals and playability. The best way to create patterns is to look at hitobjects as a group, rather than individually moving from one object to the next. For example, if you have a sound in a song that repeats 4 times, you could try a square or other 4 sided shape, or a back and forth jump ending on a slider, or 2 curved sliders that form a circle, etc. A great way to discover new patterns is to look at other maps for inspiration, bonus if it's the same song to see other mappers interpretation. Then, simply experiment with what you enjoy in other maps, representing the song you're mapping to the best of your ability.
GUEST DIFFS
  1. Might be down to do gd. Must be less than 2 minutes, preferably cut ver/tv size. I like all languages/genres except for country. I can accept artists from my favorites regardless of length.
  2. Preference: Insane > Normal > Expert/Extra > Easy > Normal > Extreme (No Hard Diffs)
    Favorite Artists
    inabakumori
    Billie Eilish
    Lorde
    Foreground Eclipse
    Olivia Rodrigo
    The Oral Cigarettes
    Release Hallucination
    BABYMETAL
    C418
    Poppy
    Rihanna
    Fellowship
    Em Beihold
    Origami Angel
    Laura Shigihara
    Tate McRae
    Ariana Grande
    Glaive
    Camellia
osumod if you prefer (I'll leave feedback)
Matthewwwwww
Topic Starter
LuxLite
bump
TMBGCanClick
Thanks in advance! Beginner Mappers help eachother!
beatmapsets/2016229#osu/4197555
PineappleBoy
Transient- Annabel Ephemeral 6.29*

beatmapsets/2025975#osu/4221131

Looking to fix any patterns that might be awkward

Needs to be hitsounded but im lazy so ill do it later

Thanks a bunch!
ah shit
The Whisper
beatmapsets/2025324#osu/4219473
I'm confused if I should map the background instruments or just the lead.
Kieost
NoriScarlet
Shylily1
beatmapsets/1877000#osu/4185110 just trying to get feedback before i try working on lower diffs, thanks!
Enemoto
https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/804950#osu/1689755

Hey, would appreciate any feedback <3
Furox
beatmapsets/1897563

not finished yet but hope its fine!
- ReI -
EnderCraft
beatmapsets/1975048#osu/4099044
#b3b3b3 can be ignored, I don't know if I need it for spread or not.
Ethereal_
Aeter
beatmapsets/2024957#osu/4218607 inabakumori pfp (flushed)
jeeffly
Tomaseqq
beatmapsets/2028289#osu/4226577

i'll appreciate any feedback >.<
LaurKappita
Topic Starter
LuxLite
bump
Kubryseeght
ThaBooVX
a nm would be appreciated
beatmapsets/2029610#osu/4229260
Katswato
Karandash0980
XVoIR
Topic Starter
LuxLite
bumpers
PentagonGlxy
Hershibear
beatmapsets/2030064#osu/4230385 NM would love some help with hitsounds and also just general flow of the map
Shucklings
Selithrarion
Bocchi theRock
Emychi
beatmapsets/1235365#osu/2568104 thank you

yuikonnu
5:59 Drain Time
Daanny
beatmapsets/2030609#osu/4231766 short r3 music box map, feel free to mod whatever diff you want <3
nominomu
Topic Starter
LuxLite
Closed till I finish mods
Topic Starter
LuxLite
We're so barack, send maps
lCUP
Topic Starter
LuxLite
bump
Topic Starter
LuxLite
bump
HikariBuru
beatmapsets/659513#osu/3759035 electronic~ nm thanks!
CaptainBasculin
s/2100281 conceptual simple set

s/2063805 anime jump set
Peni
hi hi hi

s/2097757

nm req, thanks in advance!
ajkcdajefiu
bim0oo
-NanoRIPE-
beatmapsets/2104084#osu/4415045 (NHI spread, solo set)
beatmapsets/2105037#osu/4419055 (NHIIX spread)

all finished including hs, nm req thanks!
z14a
Topic Starter
LuxLite
Bump
Wiped
zesteas
Ryoko
show more