forum

Slider osu issue.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LaymooDR
Problem details: https://youtu.be/VD0HwSErWjw?t=484

As shown on this video, you should be able to make a star slider with those steps, but they either have coordinates that are the same on the ends of 2 sliders or just makes a crappy pentagon shape. I've used Mapping Tools and its Slider Merger tool, but that didn't really do anything different, so I believe that something might have been changed with how the .osu is edited or some bug is occurring here.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20230326
inslider
Put the second small slider that way, so its sliderhead starts from the sliderend of the first slider.
The Mapping tools connects points that are earliest in time to each other. Look at the map from ScubDomino, sakuraburst - Glacierfall. The way he did those sliders is he made 2 sliders and converted them to 1/8 stream and them put them in 1/16 by placing circle 1 of the second stream after circle 1 of the first stream. Afterwards by merging the circles together it creates that slider.
I hope that explains a bit how the slider merger works.
Zelzatter Zero
If you want to align end anchor to fits with the sliderend, Ctrl+G should do the trick as well.
Topic Starter
LaymooDR

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

If you want to align end anchor to fits with the sliderend, Ctrl+G should do the trick as well.
I mean, I did. Never really did a thing.

Insid3r_90 wrote:

Put the second small slider that way, so its sliderhead starts from the sliderend of the first slider.
The Mapping tools connects points that are earliest in time to each other. Look at the map from ScubDomino, sakuraburst - Glacierfall. The way he did those sliders is he made 2 sliders and converted them to 1/8 stream and them put them in 1/16 by placing circle 1 of the second stream after circle 1 of the first stream. Afterwards by merging the circles together it creates that slider.
I hope that explains a bit how the slider merger works.
I mean, Mapping Tools didn't really do anything, so I'll politely say that it didn't work.
THAT_otaku
moved to mappiung discussiom
[[[[[[
maybe you were placing the sliders in the wrong orders?

your star should look sth like this when you press the play button before your merging process

if you use mapping tool, make sure to turn this on

and set this to a big number

if you're using sliders to create the base slider, make sure to change this to "move"
Topic Starter
LaymooDR

dPeace wrote:

maybe you were placing the sliders in the wrong orders?

your star should look sth like this when you press the play button before your merging process

if you use mapping tool, make sure to turn this on

and set this to a big number

if you're using sliders to create the base slider, make sure to change this to "move"
Yeah, that's what I did. It looked exactly like that, but for some reason, Mapping Tools didn't merge it.