forum

Save Play style [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
So for those who main "Play Style" Is lets say: Taiko or Catch the beat, they will be able to actually save this play style as their default game style while playing osu!

This way they will just hit "PLAY" and they will start playing with the default game style they chose.

"Save as default play style"

This way you avoid going all the time to Special / Taiko , or Special / Catch The Beat for playing what you like the most.

Let's say: Options / Game play / Set Taiko as your default game.

If they chose Taiko as they main game style, then osu! will move to "Special"

Thanks.
Torran
Are people really too lazy to make some extra clicks?
Sorry, no support from me :|
Rena-chan
I support this.
Derekku
This would also require changing the Special page to showing all modes. Uhhh... this probably won't get implemented since the main focus of osu! should be osu!, but I do like the concept of the idea.
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli

Derekku Chan wrote:

This would also require changing the Special page to showing all modes.
No, as i said: if you pick Taiko as your default, then it will only show osu! and Catch the Beat.

They should only add the osu! design there.
Derekku

Sir Minelli wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

This would also require changing the Special page to showing all modes.
No, as i said: if you pick Taiko as your default, then it will only show osu! and Catch the Beat.

They should only add the osu! design there.
Which is still changing it :P
anonymous_old

Derekku Chan wrote:

Uhhh... this probably won't get implemented since the main focus of osu! should be osu!, but I do like the concept of the idea.
This is my stance.

Taiko and CTB are "mini-games" or "variations" and are generally treated as such. osu!'s highly focused around the standard gameplay and not these other game modes (though there are Taiko and CTB communities).
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli

strager wrote:

SM, I realize this.

In Pokemon, can you select the mini-games as your main game? That'd be useful if you're going to make 9001 Poffins or PokeBlocks, but it doesn't "feel" right.

That's kinda how I view this.

Well, you have to realize that Taiko and CTB have their own ranking now.

They are becoming quite popular. So personally i don't see them anymore as mini games.

Even though, for HE who LOVES taiko / CTB, would then see osu! as a mini game.

So basically the "Mini game argument" relies on the player's game style.
Kitsunemimi
I think osu! would become extremely awkward from this. If 'default osu!' becomes CtB, then what happens to the real standard? It wouldn't be standard and therefore osu! wouldn't be the Ouendan/EBA style after all. Plus, they're special modes, not other modes. They're additions to the main game which is standard osu!. So they can't become the main mode or anything, even if it's just a saved preference.
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli

Harris73 wrote:

I think osu! would become extremely awkward from this. If 'default osu!' becomes CtB, then what happens to the real standard? It wouldn't be standard and therefore osu! wouldn't be the Ouendan/EBA style after all. Plus, they're special modes, not other modes. They're additions to the main game which is standard osu!. So they can't become the main mode or anything, even if it's just a saved preference.
I don't see this as a big deal.

What happens to the standard? it goes to "special"

The feature will be there for those who WISH to use it.
osu! standart WILL REMAIN untouched if you DO NOT assign another game style as your default.

Let the big boss decide. Geez that stupid nick crossed my mind from yesterday's chat.

Anyway yeah... I'd like to hear Gemi's opinion about it as well, even if he only jumps in to say NO!

:P
peppy
no