forum

[Archived] How can I efficiently delete duplicate beatmaps to save space?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
yurisawa
Problem details: Basically, duplicate maps contain a number in parentheses for example (1) to represent a map you already own and (2) referring to a 3rd duplicate. I've recently opened my osu! folder and noticed that there are many duplicate maps which some I downloaded more than 5 times and many containing video files that take up tons of space totaled up. I included some screenshots for reference, but there are many more maps I have and I don't feel like scrolling down tens of thousands of maps.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://imgur.com/a/MGVh650

osu! version: Stable 20230628.2 (latest)
Death
If you just search for "(1)" or "(2)" in the search bar of the file explorer while in your Songs folder, does that pull up a list of the duplicates? If so, you can probably just do that and delete them manually.

Otherwise, there probably isn't any great way to do this without writing some sort of script for it.
Topic Starter
yurisawa

Death wrote:

If you just search for "(1)" or "(2)" in the search bar of the file explorer while in your Songs folder, does that pull up a list of the duplicates? If so, you can probably just do that and delete them manually.

Otherwise, there probably isn't any great way to do this without writing some sort of script for it.
I initially tried doing that, but it also pulls up maps that contain the id 1 and so on.
Jamiedot
Has this been fixed? ongoing an issue.