forum

[osu!catch] Canada Catch Cup 3 [Concluded]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yoshi_green
Canada's national CtB tournament is back for its third iteration, and it's time to decide the best of Canada yet again! Will anyone be able to stop Henrick from getting the three-peat? yeah, himself apparently

Last year's host is playing this year, so best of luck... to me of course, who has to host this alone now

Links

Schedule

1. Registration phase: 1-15 July 2023
  2. Screening: 16-29 July 2023
  3. Qualifiers mappool showcase: 30 July 2023
  4. Qualifiers + Round of 16 mappool showcase: 5-6 August 2023
  5. Round of 16: 12-13 August 2023
  6. Quarterfinals: 19-20 August 2023
  7. Semifinals: 26-27 August 2023
  8. Finals: 2-3 September 2023
  9. Grand Finals: 9-10 September 2023

General Rules

1. All players are required to be within the Discord server when registrations end.
  2. You must be Canadian to register as a player.
  3. You do not have to be Canadian to register as a staff member, but it is recommended to be near Canada's timezone range (UTC-7 to UTC-2:30) to help align with the players' schedules.
  4. All players and staff members must be respectful towards one another.

Tournament Ruleset

1. 1v1 double-elimination tournament
  2. Players must show within 10 minutes or else they will be disqualified.
  3. Both players will use "!roll" at the beginning of the match. The winner of the roll will choose whether or not they will pick first and ban second, or vice versa.
  4. Each map will be played with Score v2; highest score of each map wins the point.
  5. Players are allowed to use Hidden along with any Hard Rock and Double Time pick, as well as the Tiebreaker.
  6. No Fail will be enforced in all rounds.
  7. Winning conditions per round:
    - Round of 16: Best 5 of 9
    - Quarterfinals: Best 6 of 11
    - Semifinals, Finals, Grand Finals: Best 7 of 13
  8. Banning conditions per round:
    - Round of 16, Quarterfinals: 1 ban
    - Semifinals, Finals, Grand Finals: 2 bans; 2nd ban is issued after the opponent wins their 3rd point, and cannot be from the same mod bracket as the 1st ban.
  9. If you disconnect within the first 30 seconds, the map can be replayed. This is only allowed once per match.
  10. Lag is not a valid reason to nullify a map's results.

Mappool Details

1. Qualifiers - 3 No Mod, 2 Hidden, 2 Hard Rock, 2 Double Time - 1 convert per mod bracket
  2. Round of 16, Quarterfinals - 5 No Mod, 3 Hidden, 3 Hard Rock, 3 Double Time, 1 Tiebreaker - 2 NM converts, 1 HD/HR/DT convert
  3. Semifinals, Finals, Grand Finals - 5 No Mod, 4 Hidden, 4 Hard Rock, 4 Double Time, 1 Tiebreaker - 2 NM/HD/HR/DT converts

Prizes

All cash prizes will be delivered by me, and are in CAD.

1. 1st place - $150 + profile badge
  2. 2nd place - $100
  3. 3rd place - $50
  4. 4th place - I'll buy you a poutine or something if we ever meet up (you cannot throw your match to receive this prize)
If you want to donate and contribute to the prize pool, please contact me on Discord at yoshi_green

Happy Canada Day!

-------

Link to tournament report page: https://pif.ephemeral.ink/tournament-reports
Katsuragi
First
HydriZ
Happy Canada Day!
Unlucky_w
Rename this to Henrick's farmland 3
AutoLs
can i join
RedcXca