forum

[Archived] how active do you need to be to hold your global rank

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mr owo
Problem details:

I what do improve my rank and keep it. but I don't know how much pp I need a week to stay at 7 digit or 6 digit and get a higher rank. am really new :3
Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20230326 (latest)
I AM VERY SMART
Don't worry man, just play for fun and you will gain rank. As simple as that.
Blushing
There is no set in stone "amount" to reach to progress into 5,6,7 digit, but the higher in rank you are (higher being BIGGER NUMBER) the easier it will be to gain ranks, this is just due to sheer amount of people that are either inactive, at the same PP count as you, or those that are progressing alongside you.

The lower you get the more that you'll have to start caking on PP to see an increase and thats just because the bloat and amount of people is less dense.

But as I AM VERY SMART said, enjoy the game and the ranks will come to you as you progress through the game.
Namazu
You don't really need x amount of pp per week to keep your rank, your rank will just improve on it's own with time (especially if you are in 7digit/6digit range).

Just play and enjoy the game and you'll improve on your own and gain pp naturally. Sometimes maybe you won't gain pp for a month, and then in one week you'll gain 200 by setting good scores.

Right now to be 6 digit you just need 467pp.
But for 5 digit you need 4354pp!
This is because the higher you get, the more active people are, so to keep your rank at 7 digit you can probably get like 5pp per week, but with time you'll just rank up.

Don't think about it too much though and really just enjoy the game, especially if you're new. If you keep thinking about rank at the beginning without knowing all the fundamentals, you might get demotivated fast! And that's not very good.