forum

[resolved] [Resolved] Brightness decreasing shortly after song start (Not background dim)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sakshi
Problem details:

I had an issue where my game would crash a second or two after picking any map and had to reformat/reinstall windows to fix it.
Everything is working fine except for whenever I'm playing a song, roughly 15 seconds into any map my screen's brightness levels gradually decrease by about 20% within another 10 seconds. It temporarily fixes/resets itself after breaks and after pausing.

This is actual brightness levels and does not have anything to do with background dimming.

I've googled around on the issue and it seems most of the fixes are for windows 10 adaptive brightness or for power settings regarding laptops.
I'm running windows 11 on a desktop so these fixes are irrelevant for my case. I've looked around in my monitors settings and can find nothing relevant either.

Before all of this and having to format I never had this issue and changed no settings as far as my monitor's settings goes inbetween.

I can play the game, but its extremely annoying and even worse with hidden. Anybody has any ideas or a definitive fix I'd extremely appreciate it. Much <3 and thanks for your time :D

W11 Pro

Specs:
MSI Z490-A Pro
I5-10600k
32GB DDR4-2666 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

osu! version: Stable 20230326 (latest)
Gymyk
Used to have same issue when I swapped from laptop to desktop. My monitor settings were something I messed with a lot. Most monitors have a form of auto contrast/auto brightness. Don't know what brand monitor you have but make sure you have that setting turned off. Other than that, there are some settings that force lower brightnesses as well, like backlight strobing and G-SYNC/FreeSync. Those too seemed to somehow cause brightness dimming at random times. If none if that fixes it, I'd wager it is some other monitor setting because as far as I know windows doesn't automatically change any brightness or other monitor related setting by itself unless you tell it to.
Topic Starter
Sakshi
enabled and then re-disabled ASCR in my monitor settings and it fixed it. very weird, but i'll take it lol.