forum

Am I overranked?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Paya283
I feel like I played too much speed and farm maps and now most of the other players around my rank seem to be a lot better than me.

I tried to play their top plays and I couldn´t even get close to their score

I know comparing yourself to others is not a good mindset but I´m still doing it :`)
Wimpy Cursed
eh. I farm for the fun of it. Knowing that, I couldn't care less of who is better than me.
I did care at first, so I do not blame yet. Overtime I started to think I was stupid for thinking that people were better than me, realized there was no point overthinking it. Just improving your skills man.
If it still really bothers you later, just don't play farm maps and get some actual scores in later by improving, as simple as that.
Just realized I am in the taiko forums, but this could be applied to anyone on any mode to feel this way.
roufou
only way to be potentially overranked is if these are your highest plays: aletheia, free l town, symbolic gear dt, try again dt, eighty sixed, skeleton lettuce ver, augoeides, ghost rule

I'm partially kidding but if people call you overranked and you don't have a significant portion of these maps high in your top plays it's really unlikely I agree with them.

And even then it becomes weird to measure people who are overranked when there's a lot of people who are just derranking.

edit: damn I forgot navi 98

also being overranked in taiko would probably just equate to being bad at a lot of skillsets but pretty good at streams/moderately high speed triple spam, you'd also probably be good at accuracy
Topic Starter
Paya283

roufou wrote:

only way to be potentially overranked is if these are your highest plays: aletheia, free l town, symbolic gear dt, try again dt, eighty sixed, skeleton lettuce ver, augoeides, ghost rule

I'm partially kidding but if people call you overranked and you don't have a significant portion of these maps high in your top plays it's really unlikely I agree with them.

And even then it becomes weird to measure people who are overranked when there's a lot of people who are just derranking.

edit: damn I forgot navi 98

also being overranked in taiko would probably just equate to being bad at a lot of skillsets but pretty good at streams/moderately high speed triple spam, you'd also probably be good at accuracy
All of my top plays are high speed maps and I struggle on low BPM, SV maps

But, I'm going to start practicing fingercontrol, because I wanna play streams :>
roufou
if you improved your acc and worked a bit on lower bpm and reading you'd probably be strong in a tournament around your rank range, I think. (don't quote me on it maybe I underestimate how good people around your rank can be)

I guess you'd need to pick up mods too for that though