forum

What can't you believe got popular, or caught on?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Myke B

FireFoxZX wrote:

This thread.
Woow. So edgy and different.
Birdy

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

mathexpert wrote:

(maybe 60s and 70s w/ counterculture, but they were very informed politically and thought very critically)
Hippies were basically the tumblr SJWs of the 60's
That being said, Tumblr.

even i'm addicted
Wojjan

Dulcet wrote:

Wojjan wrote:

HEY YOU KNOW WHAT I CAN'T BELIEVE CAUGHT ON?

Snapchat savers
just snapchat in general
Can't send friends snapchats of my penis anymore now that snapchat saver is a thing.
Sethlied

Wojjan wrote:

Dulcet wrote:

just snapchat in general
Can't send friends snapchats of my penis anymore now that snapchat saver is a thing.
is it a feminine penis
SaigonAlice
why does justin beiber have a fanbase again?
Kanye West
because he's hot
Topic Starter
Myke B

Kanye West wrote:

because he's hot
Kanye West, Kim Kardashian, and Justin Bieber confirmed 3-way
SaigonAlice

Kanye West wrote:

because he's hot
ew
Ceph23
I thought I've heard the last of this guy.
Never have I been so wrong.
Foxtrot
it's 2014 and people are still talking about justin bieber

this is quite sad
AlucPanda
I can't believe how popular mainstream hatred towards Beiber became.

Tell me objectively and logically the precise reasons you despise Justin Bieber with such passion. More often than not, it's simply social norms and intuitive prejudice that results in such nonsensical hatred. In other words, complete bullshit.

It is perfectly reasonable to simply dislike an artist and his/her music. It is foolish, however, to brutally slander a celebrity for no clear reasons other than social conformity.
Kanye West

Dulcet wrote:

it's 2014 and people are still talking about justin bieber

this is quite sad

Kanye West wrote:

because he's hot
DaddyCoolVipper

AlucPanda wrote:

Tell me objectively and logically the precise reasons you despise Justin Bieber with such passion. More often than not, it's simply social norms and intuitive prejudice that results in such nonsensical hatred. In other words, complete bullshit.

It is perfectly reasonable to simply dislike an artist and his/her music. It is foolish, however, to brutally slander a celebrity for no clear reasons other than social conformity.
He's actually a really bad person. All the fame got to him.
Foxtrot

AlucPanda wrote:

i dislike justin bieber because not only i dislike his music, he is also very rude

spitting on his fans, writing stupid shit on anne frank's guestbook, calling a girl a whale (do not know if that one is true) and so much more

of course, i do not hate him. i do not connect with him in an holistic way (thank god). i just dislike his attitude, and his music.
GladiOol

AlucPanda wrote:

Just a random question; do you have a fedora?
Cyclohexane
In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony singer's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my own hexagon.

edit: fuck, this joke doesn't work when I have this avatar
Topic Starter
Myke B

AlucPanda wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLEGHVKh1JI that's why.
SaigonAlice

Dulcet wrote:

AlucPanda wrote:

i dislike justin bieber because not only i dislike his music, he is also very rude

spitting on his fans, writing stupid shit on anne frank's guestbook, calling a girl a whale (do not know if that one is true) and so much more

of course, i do not hate him. i do not connect with him in an holistic way (thank god). i just dislike his attitude, and his music.
also he like egged a neighbours house and has drugs stockpiled in his house but then blamed his friend.
Apex_old
Do not fall into this trap of negative attention. The more negative attention he receives, the more attention he will get, and the sales of CDs will increase, and he will be able to appear on important music festivals again.

This trap of negative attention repeated in China.
Wojjan

AlucPanda wrote:

It is foolish, however, to brutally slander a celebrity for no clear reasons other than social conformity.
best post world 2014
Mango

Dulcet wrote:

AlucPanda wrote:

Bieber has gone down a dark path ever since he's become more and more popular, but this happens to most stars. I dislike him as a person very strongly and hope he just ends up like Lindsey Lohan getting arrested this way and that. The boy has been living a care free easy life and it's bout time karma catches up with him and kicks his ass. The worst part is the fact he still has die-hard fans that fall head over heels for him...it's just sad.
Cyclohexane
this discussion took a direction that is really amusing me when you recall why we've been talking about justin bieber in the first place
xsrsbsns
kpop
Tanzklaue
the term "moba" for dota-style games.

mostly because it says out nothing about the game it describes. what player vs player multiplayer game isn't a "multiplayer online battle arena"?

i think terms like "micro-RTS" or "mRTS" for short would've been so much better. but hey, Riot's gotta take control of everything they can, even the term their game is reffered to.
Wojjan
Someone please say something that isn't mobas, browers or bieber
please.
Zeraph
hi wojjan how was your day
Rantai
Alcohol.
Tanzklaue

Rantai wrote:

Alcohol.
tobacco/cigarettes
Yoeri
Capitalism hueuhehuaeuhauhehuahueuhaeuhauhuh
Foxtrot
nazism
Shellghost

Tanzklaue wrote:

the term "moba" for dota-style games.

mostly because it says out nothing about the game it describes. what player vs player multiplayer game isn't a "multiplayer online battle arena"?

i think terms like "micro-RTS" or "mRTS" for short would've been so much better. but hey, Riot's gotta take control of everything they can, even the term their game is reffered to.
ASSFAGGOTS works much better.
[Ayumi]_old

xsrsbsns wrote:

kpop
Gangnam style always related.
mistysky
"The Fox", b/c that song it's just plain ridiculous to me. :|
Mofu kun
Gangnam Style. Billion views.
SaigonAlice

xsrsbsns wrote:

kpop
god bless
NotEvenDoomMusic

SaigonAlice wrote:

god bless
yes
Yukiteru Amano
Clannad and PewDiePie
Apex_old
Shit I double posted
Apex_old

Tanzklaue wrote:

I'm going to boldly predict that DotA2 will beat LoL in the long run.

sarasseo wrote:

Riot's marketing/advertising game is too strong though

Tanzklaue wrote:

still, DotA2 will win in the long run, because it actually has a design team with brains behind it that tries to balance existing heroes instead of throwing out new champion after new champion one more op (or up in some cases) than the last one.
Let the facts talk:

But I still suppose DoTA2 will win.
Shellghost
Okay, I got it the first time.
show more