forum

What can't you believe got popular, or caught on?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Birdy

Yuu-Chii wrote:

SAO
Spoiler: This is one of the three animes I didn't feel nauseated with watching.
DaddyCoolVipper

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Yuu-Chii wrote:

SAO
Spoiler: This is one of the three animes I didn't feel nauseated with watching.
I have a feeling that you haven't seen much
Birdy

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

I have a feeling that you haven't seen much
How come
Ideolo
one direction
Daru
SAO was pretty good, when it was about Sword Art Online.
- Marco -
The occulus rift, it was just an indie thing but luckly it got popular :D
Topic Starter
Myke B

marcostudios wrote:

I think it's a really cool idea, but I don't actually own one..
Yuzeyun
my impossible quiz videos
thanks based pewdiepie>.>
Ceph23
I never understood planking. Seriously.
What kind of brain dead person decided that lying on the ground with your face down is cool?
And even more brain dead people to do something stupid because it was in?
Shellghost
Having friends makes you do weird things.

Weird. Disturbing things.
Foxtrot

Myke B wrote:

marcostudios wrote:

I think it's a really cool idea, but I don't actually own one..
it's a new era of waifus
Swayzo_old
My little pony
Topic Starter
Myke B

Swayzo wrote:

My little pony
Don't be disrespectin'
DaddyCoolVipper

Swayzo wrote:

My little pony
Cyclohexane

Shellghost wrote:

Off the top of my head, Psycho Pass had good character development. Just as an example.
hyper oats

also cookie clicker, I knew the human race was doomed but my god
Vuelo Eluko

Swayzo wrote:

My little pony
hey no
thats like being surprised that drugs or rock n roll caught on
kouzuki_karen
your guess is as good as mine, OP

SAO
Attack on Titan
My Little Pony
and especially Sandstorm
Kaona
Blurred Lines.
FireFoxZX
cant believe (YOLO) caught i mean reallly is it THAT catchy i mean yea i randomly yell YOLO at rndom times but srsly
Weed
pewdiepie
Daru

mrdumpling64 wrote:

your guess is as good as mine, OP

SAO
Attack on Titan
My Little Pony
and especially Sandstorm
mekadon_old

Shellghost wrote:

It's like futa in /d/. At first it was just there on equal measure with everything but then people started going to it just because it had futa and now (well, a year ago) it's nothing but futa.
But /d/ still has pretty good stuff, and there are times futa doesn't take up 3/4 the catalog.

Modern Feminism

Attack on Titan

Linux
Chokladboll
Brownies
Birbbq
League of legends

I play it, but I dont get why it is more popular then DotA2 which has better graphics, matchmaking system and client. ;_;
Kanye West
Because it has a lower learning curve and it came out before Dota 2 so many Dota players switched because the wc3 engine was outdated
aBunny
cookies
Tanzklaue

Kanye West wrote:

Because it has a lower learning curve and it came out before Dota 2 so many Dota players switched because the wc3 engine was outdated
I'm going to boldly predict that DotA2 will beat LoL in the long run.
aBunny

Tanzklaue wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

Riot's marketing/advertising game is too strong though
Tanzklaue

sarasseo wrote:

Tanzklaue wrote:

Riot's marketing/advertising game is too strong though
still, DotA2 will win in the long run, because it actually has a design team with brains behind it that tries to balance existing heroes instead of throwing out new champion after new champion one more op (or up in some cases) than the last one.
Sethlied

bewaredrev wrote:

pewdiepie
surrogate-friend
Topic Starter
Myke B

Sethlied wrote:

bewaredrev wrote:

pewdiepie
surrogate-friend
He has his moments, but for the most part, I agree. He talks waaaay too much.
Zeraph

Tanzklaue wrote:

still, DotA2 will win in the long run, because it actually has a design team with brains behind it that tries to balance existing heroes instead of throwing out new champion after new champion one more op (or up in some cases) than the last one.
SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTAAAAAAANDS.

but it doesn't matter i think people will stick to League as a lot of it's playerbase cares more for content rather than proper balance. DotA in general was extremely slow with content updates like new heros or new items while League adds in a new champion every 2months and changes up items and everything once a year while DotA has never done a full revamp on items. DotA just has a strong and loyal playerbase that probably won't spike higher or lower.

also higher skill game.
ZenoDiac

IppE wrote:

shitting dick nipples
This.
And memes from 10 years ago that found itself on 9gag. how I hate that site
Tanzklaue

Zeraph wrote:

Tanzklaue wrote:

SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTAAAAAAANDS.

but it doesn't matter i think people will stick to League as a lot of it's playerbase cares more for content rather than proper balance. DotA in general was extremely slow with content updates like new heros or new items while League adds in a new champion every 2months and changes up items and everything once a year while DotA has never done a full revamp on items. DotA just has a strong and loyal playerbase that probably won't spike higher or lower.

also higher skill game.
well, it's more that riot wants to milk it's players more and more for new skins and heroes than that they want to actively hurt balance.

F2P my arse btw, you need to buy heroes if you want to really start the game in a way that makes sense.
FireFoxZX
also i do not believe "sounds legit" is that catchy (ITS CATCHY AS HECK) it just............ no
Tsukimi Luna

FireFoxZX wrote:

also i do not believe "sounds legit" is that catchy (ITS CATCHY AS HECK) it just............ no
R.I.P English
'Murrica

So it wasnt a typo

Translation please

Reminds me of DJ Datzuke
Birdy
how is this dude even american
Tsukimi Luna
ikr
Zeraph

Tanzklaue wrote:

well, it's more that riot wants to milk it's players more and more for new skins and heroes than that they want to actively hurt balance.

F2P my arse btw, you need to buy heroes if you want to really start the game in a way that makes sense.
it's f2p if you're a patient bastard. but nowadays, no body is.
Tanzklaue

Zeraph wrote:

Tanzklaue wrote:

it's f2p if you're a patient bastard. but nowadays, no body is.
*an patient bastard that wants to play with 5 + 5 champions that may or may not suck total ass.

though that doesn't matter as much for newcomers anyway, everyone there sucks ass.
show more