forum

negative offset help

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
startone
my beatmap has an offset of -16

i placed the first couple notes and when i went to test it i noticed the first note (being -16 offest) doesnt show up. now i did some testing and turns out with the circle being the only note on the map, it fails to load (meaning there is no notes on the map) is there something i can do to make it possible for me to keep this note in existence?
Zelzatter Zero
iirc you can't put any objects in negative offset unless you did some workaround.

unfortunately I don't really have much knowledge of such
Topic Starter
startone

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

iirc you can't put any objects in negative offset unless you did some workaround.

unfortunately I don't really have much knowledge of such
in this case how do i go about making a rankable beatmap of this song?
inslider
I think it's a map editor bug.I had it multiple times. You have to add 1 second of silence to your mp3 file at the start. Then make a new map from the new audio and copypaste your objects, timings and metadata into your new map. That's how i did it.
lewski

Insid3r_90 wrote:

I think it's a map editor bug.I had it multiple times. You have to add 1 second of silence to your mp3 file at the start. Then make a new map from the new audio and copypaste your objects, timings and metadata into your new map. That's how i did it.
you can also do this but instead of making a new map you just replace the audio in the old map with the new one and move your objects and timing points accordingly

if you need help with actually adding silence to the file, Audacity (or Dark Audacity if you're worried about telemetry) is a free and simple audio editor that lets you generate silence, reencode audio, make things louder or quieter, cut songs, etc.

as for adjusting your map to the new audio:

in the timing panel (F6), if you press Ctrl+A with the list of timing points in focus, you can select all of your timing points at once. note how the selected timing point is blue in the first screenshot; if it's grey, it's not in focus and you'll need to click on a timing point before Ctrl+A can work

then, you can move all of them by the same amount of time, given in milliseconds. if you also select "Adjust bookmarks and audio preview", those will be moved by the same amount as well
after that's done, you can click OK to close the timing panel, select all of your objects with Ctrl+A, and drag them to your new offset

this process shouldn't break anything, but if you do find that a slider's length has changed, that should be easy to fix by either dragging it to another timeline tick and back to the correct one or by moving one of its nodes just a bit

note that while the buttons and checkboxes that claim to automatically resnap or otherwise readjust your objects may seem enticing, they can often have undesirable side effects. personally, I don't trust them and would advise against using them unless you're absolutely certain that you know what will happen