forum

[std] Shake Up Tournament | 1v1 | Open Rank

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rekunan

>> Gimmicks
  1. ScoreV2 with a win condition on top depending on the map: misscount for aim, accuracy for anything else.
  2. The order in which ties are settled:
  1. Main Win Con
  2. Other Win Con
  3. Max Combo
  4. ScoreV2
  1. Don't expect the mappool to follow typical slot pooling meta as we're instead focusing on more diversity while making sure everything's still balanced.
  2. Every map will have at least 2 skillsets, which will be listed as comments (except tiebreaker, the comment will be unrelated to skillsets).
  3. All reschedules will have to be conducted through threads in the #reschedule channel. To do so, ping your opponent for a reschedule and make a thread, then post it once you've finished discussing.
>> Standard
  1. 1v1
  2. Open Rank
  3. There is a money pool that starts at $100 and is open for donations. It will be split between top4 (70%) and staff (30%), exact top4 split is in the Prizes section.
  4. This tournament will not be badged.
  5. Staff that are mappoolers or playtesters are not allowed to play.
>> Mappools
  1. Q | ★6.70 | 4/2/2/3
  2. Ro32 | ★6.3 | 5/2/2/3/1 | BO9 | 1 Ban
  3. Ro16 | ★6.5 | 5/2/2/3/1 | BO9 | 1 Ban
  4. QF | ★6.8 | 6/3/3/4/1 | BO11 | 2 Bans
  5. SF | ★7.0 | 6/3/3/4/1 | BO11 | 2 Bans
  6. F | ★7.3 | 6/4/4/4/1 | BO13 | 2 Bans
  7. GF | ★7.6 | 6/4/4/4/1 | BO13 | 2 Bans
>> Other
  1. Blanktap commentary.

1. Regs Jun 10-Jul 2
  2. Qualifiers Jul 1-2
  3. Round of 32 Jul 8-9
  4. Round of 16 Jul 15-16
  5. Quarterfinals Jul 22-23
  6. Semifinals Jul 29-30
  7. Finals Aug 5-6*
  8. Grand Finals Aug 12-13
  9. *if conflicts arise from COE (cavoeboy’s osu! Event), then Finals round will be extended by an extra week

1. The match lobby will be created by the ref 10-15 minutes prior to match time, and both players will be invited 0-5 minutes prior to match time.
  2. Players have a strict 10 minute grace period to be available to play the match. If it passes and one player is unavailable to play the match, the other player will receive a win by default (WBD) unless a reschedule is agreed upon within a timely manner.
  3. At the start of the match, if at least one of player wants to play warmups, the ref will then give host to the player(s) for warmups only. The ref will have host for the entire match after warmups. The player with host will choose their warmup. After that warmup ends, if the other player also wants warmups, the current host will pass host to the other player.
  4. Warmups can not exceed a drain time of 4:00.
  5. The ref is allowed to play in warmups if they do so in a timely manner, but is not allowed to play in the match.
  6. After warmups (or if no warmups, at the start of the match), both players will roll. The roll winner receives choice of first or second ban or pick, and the roll loser receives choice between the remaining options. (Example: if the roll winner chooses second pick, the roll loser has choice of first or second ban.)
  7. In Ro32 and Ro16, each player is allowed 1 ban per match. Banned maps are not allowed to be picked for the rest of the match.
  8. From QF onward, each player is allowed 2 bans per match. A player is not allowed to ban 2 maps from the same mod. Bans will occur in A B A B order.
  9. Players have 2 minutes to ban a map; if they fail to ban in that time, that ban is skipped.
  10. Players have 2 minutes to pick a map; if they fail to pick in that time, the pick will pass to the other player. This will have no effect on the order of picks afterward.
  11. A player is not allowed to pick 2 maps from the same mod in a row.
  12. Failed scores will count via application of the NoFail mod for all maps.
  13. Players are allowed, but not required, to use mods on tiebreaker maps.
  14. Once the pick is made, players will have 2 minutes to ready up. The ref will start the match when all players are ready. If they fail to ready up in that time, the ref will force an !mp start 15 command if/once both players are in the lobby.
  15. If a player fails the map, common sense will be applied: if the player that failed was clearly (very obviously) going to win the map, they will get the point; if it is at all ambiguous, the other player will get the point; if the fail occurred in the first 30 seconds or 25% of the drain time (whichever is first), the map will be replayed.
  16. In the case of a disconnection, common sense will be applied: if proof exists of the disconnected player's score (or a rough estimate of their hypothetical score if they finished the map), it will be counted as their final score; if it is at all ambiguous, the other player will get the point; if the disconnection occurred in the first 30 seconds or 25% of the drain time (whichever is first), the map will be replayed.

1st place: 31% + Banner

2nd place: 20% + Banner

3rd place: 11% + Banner

4th place: 8% + Banner

Staff: 30% + Banner

1. 10 June 2023 - initial post
  2. 16 June 2023 - replace main sheet and regs with temp files
  3. 16 June 2023 - fix changelog year
  4. 20 June 2023 - temp -> permanent
  5. 25 June 2023 - extend regs by 1 week (keep everything else same date)
Skyy
Pog
THE WOAT
reffing nightmare
Stomiks
lmao
his everything
I'M SHAKING
cr0w

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

I'M SHAKING
ok but what if
PQU
ill try my best lol
Oceanboy98
imm s haking
Stomiks
shaking
his everything

-aak- wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

I'M SHAKING
ok but what if
Yeah I know but
Zedrikk
blanktap commentary
Topic Starter
Rekunan
All Google Drive files are down right now due to some internal issues, this will take awhile to fix so please bear for now.

If you wish to signup for staff, just DM me for now.

Realized this will take a couple days to fix, so I've setup temp files for main sheet and regs for now.
Topic Starter
Rekunan
My connection hasn't gotten a response from his guy yet, so we'll just run like they're unrecoverable for now.
Skyy
Man, what a cool looking tournament! :D
his everything
So good
Topic Starter
Rekunan
Quals has been released! I've also extended regs by a week, so feel free to sign up still and invite your friends (quals is still happening this weekend).
Tukura
Epic
his everything
NICE
Topic Starter
Rekunan
I just realized I forgor to put qual info, but dw it's just standard qual.