forum

I can't find mods for my unfixable maps without getting toxicity. I'm posting some unpublished maps.

posted
Total Posts

Should I wipe my unuploaded maps as well?

Yes
13.04%
No
8.70%
Don't care
78.26%
Total votes: 23
Topic Starter
LaymooDR
I've officially decided that I will not be mapping again, so here is a download to a pack containing a handful of my irreparable maps.

I got timed out on the Osu Supporter Zone server, during which time I was minding my own business for 5 idle minutes. I don't know what I did and I didn't want anymore of it.

Anyway, here is the last you will see of me when it comes to mapping.

https://mega.nz/file/sGUyzDiS#Rqa5U3y6S44Y8xXw_Xo_zKwW_YiU39fT5doY0pUOSYg

I will NEVER be able to improve and I cannot deal with the toxicity while searching for proper modding anymore.

All of my published maps will be deleted in the next month. No ifs, ands, or buts.
Blushing
You have been in the osu! community for less than two months. There is a very slim chance that you have the ability to get anything ranked. Already saying that you will "NEVER" have the chance to become better is defeating yourself before the battle has even started. You have still only posted ONCE in a modding subforum, regardless of discord servers and other sites to use, you cannot have the knowledge and, sadly, the connections for people to want to spend the time to mod your maps (this is an unfortunate, but realistic portion of mapping).

You have also only made 4 maps (that are submitted, you may have more but those arent available for me to see), 2/4 being on the higher end of the star rating spectrum and the other two are abysmally low in star rating, you also do NOT HAVE A COMPLETE AND RANKABLE MAPSET. One of the first things modders care about is whether you have a complete set (the correct amount of difficulties determined by the length/drain-time within the ranking criteria). I know when I was modding maps if the map was not a complete set I did not give it a second-look unless the song was something I really enjoyed, and that is just because the song is good to me. You cannot expect people to give up their time for something that is... essentially a waste of their time if you are never going to get it objectively ranked.

One of the first things that you need to realize is that no one owes you a mod just because you post it, you have to advertise yourself as a candidate for their time. Its a transaction, and consistently blaming the system for that is going to get you nowhere but in the hole you have dug for yourself.

There are countless mapping videos on youtube describing the basics and what you need to do. There is no way a 10+ star map and a 6+ star map from someone with no history of mapping is going to be advertised as "feasible" or even rankable.

===========================================================================================

I give you this advice, learn to make a fundamentally sound beatmap, by fundamental, I mean making a boring mapset, making something that is simple yet follows the ranking criteria is going to further enhance your understanding of beatmapping. Learning basics is what everyone has to do before they can make the next Yomi Yori, Freedom Dive, etc.

Map the downbeats, follow the ranking criteria rules to a T, make a complete spread, if you make a complete spread and its complete garbage it will still get looked at 100% more of the time rather than just a 1 off diff.

I also dont recommend taking difficult to map songs. This isn't a matter of "I map the way I map and there is not going to be any budging by me" If you want to rank a map, above all else, you will have to budge. No one's maps are just perfect right out the gate, right after submission. Budging is key. You can keep your artistic and creativity still within your map by taking peoples advice but you have to have a flexible mind and see it from somewhere outside your own eyes.

Ultimately, it takes practice. No pro-athlete or even top osu! player doesnt have thousands of hours into what they do. Take ANY top 10 players and look at their playcount it is high hundreds or even thousands due to thats how you improve. Mapping, looking at other maps, and spending time on thinking how things will work together while keeping the RC in mind is going to be the best way to further improve your maps.
Jason X
No offense, but...

LaymooDR wrote:

I will NEVER be able to improve and I cannot deal with the toxicity while searching for proper modding anymore.
It has been 3-4 days between your last fallout and this one, so what exactly has changed?
I can see zero new mods on your maps during that time and previous experience has told you to take the simplest negative feedback as toxic.

Also, how exactly did you try to improve during these 3-4 days without any new submissions or updated maps?
To me, it seems like you didn't even try to take in any of the feedback given to you by multiple users in this forum.
Topic Starter
LaymooDR

Blushing wrote:

You have been in the osu! community for less than two months. There is a very slim chance that you have the ability to get anything ranked. Already saying that you will "NEVER" have the chance to become better is defeating yourself before the battle has even started. You have still only posted ONCE in a modding subforum, regardless of discord servers and other sites to use, you cannot have the knowledge and, sadly, the connections for people to want to spend the time to mod your maps (this is an unfortunate, but realistic portion of mapping).

You have also only made 4 maps (that are submitted, you may have more but those arent available for me to see), 2/4 being on the higher end of the star rating spectrum and the other two are abysmally low in star rating, you also do NOT HAVE A COMPLETE AND RANKABLE MAPSET. One of the first things modders care about is whether you have a complete set (the correct amount of difficulties determined by the length/drain-time within the ranking criteria). I know when I was modding maps if the map was not a complete set I did not give it a second-look unless the song was something I really enjoyed, and that is just because the song is good to me. You cannot expect people to give up their time for something that is... essentially a waste of their time if you are never going to get it objectively ranked.

One of the first things that you need to realize is that no one owes you a mod just because you post it, you have to advertise yourself as a candidate for their time. Its a transaction, and consistently blaming the system for that is going to get you nowhere but in the hole you have dug for yourself.

There are countless mapping videos on youtube describing the basics and what you need to do. There is no way a 10+ star map and a 6+ star map from someone with no history of mapping is going to be advertised as "feasible" or even rankable.

===========================================================================================

I give you this advice, learn to make a fundamentally sound beatmap, by fundamental, I mean making a boring mapset, making something that is simple yet follows the ranking criteria is going to further enhance your understanding of beatmapping. Learning basics is what everyone has to do before they can make the next Yomi Yori, Freedom Dive, etc.

Map the downbeats, follow the ranking criteria rules to a T, make a complete spread, if you make a complete spread and its complete garbage it will still get looked at 100% more of the time rather than just a 1 off diff.

I also dont recommend taking difficult to map songs. This isn't a matter of "I map the way I map and there is not going to be any budging by me" If you want to rank a map, above all else, you will have to budge. No one's maps are just perfect right out the gate, right after submission. Budging is key. You can keep your artistic and creativity still within your map by taking peoples advice but you have to have a flexible mind and see it from somewhere outside your own eyes.

Ultimately, it takes practice. No pro-athlete or even top osu! player doesnt have thousands of hours into what they do. Take ANY top 10 players and look at their playcount it is high hundreds or even thousands due to thats how you improve. Mapping, looking at other maps, and spending time on thinking how things will work together while keeping the RC in mind is going to be the best way to further improve your maps.

Jason X wrote:

No offense, but...

LaymooDR wrote:

It has been 3-4 days between your last fallout and this one, so what exactly has changed?
I can see zero new mods on your maps during that time and previous experience has told you to take the simplest negative feedback as toxic.

Also, how exactly did you try to improve during these 3-4 days without any new submissions or updated maps?
To me, it seems like you didn't even try to take in any of the feedback given to you by multiple users in this forum.
At least you know I have more maps that are offline. I made maps for 5 years and never made an account until 2 months ago. I do know the basics of mapping. I do know rhythm, patterns, and timing. For some reason, no matter what feedback I take to improve the map, it always ends up like shit.

To Jason, the toxicity was mainly focused on me, not just my maps. It makes it impossible to find any nice mods and it makes even making a beatmap impossible. And the thing about me "improving" during the last few days, to make a long story short, even with modding and feedback, my maps end up like manure. Osu! forums are not ever used anymore, but I'm still using them for whatever reason. So, why even have modding queues when no one ever actually uses the forums anymore?
Leviathan

LaymooDR wrote:

I made maps for 5 years and never made an account until 2 months ago.
really hard to believe someone can be dedicated to that but... okay
you need to create an account to download beatmaps so unless you used something like a beatmap mirror you didnt really learn off of other maps
and with the current state of your maps, imo i can see why its hard to believe

maybe im being a little too harsh, but to me thats basically all of my forum posts
Topic Starter
LaymooDR

Bossgodora wrote:

LaymooDR wrote:

I made maps for 5 years and never made an account until 2 months ago.
really hard to believe someone can be dedicated to that but... okay
you need to create an account to download beatmaps so unless you used something like a beatmap mirror you didnt really learn off of other maps
and with the current state of your maps, imo i can see why its hard to believe

maybe im being a little too harsh, but to me thats basically all of my forum posts
I used beatmap mirrors. I used maps to learn, but my maps still somehow find a way to be bad. Also, I nuked one of them, as it was impossible to fix. I can't delete any of the maps without waiting 28 days to do a 5 second command.

Modding is just a thing for every person to shove their opinions on what you should add or change. I decided that modding is not worth it and I will improve myself. Modding is full of differing opinions on what to add or change on the same section. For example, one person says fix the spacing between the notes, and make the slider axis consistent. Then one person says all it needs is a remap. Then the next fucking says that the vocals wasn't to be fucking mapped in the first goddamn place. MY GOD, I'M GOING FUCKING INSANE!

Point is, modding is just opinions. You just gotta get lucky that any random users going through your arse maps somehow finds one of them that they like and decides to hype it. Then you gotta hope the map is good enough to satisfy the equally opinionated beatmap nominators and gets enough hypes to be ranked. Project Loved is just as bad and opinionated, if not worse than going for ranked. If you are going to close this post because of this specific rant, I'm not a moderator or an administrator, so I cannot stop you from doing what you are made to do. Multiple people have different ways they want you to map the same section, and that makes modding the worst thing since Hitler.

Taking all this into account, I am going to make maps when I want to and map it MY way, no matter what differing opinions modders have on one specific section of the song. If it gets Graveyarded, I'm just going to delete it, with absolutely no plans on reuploading it. If it gets ranked or loved, then I guess good. I'm done getting mods.
WitherMite
I dont really see how those example mods are exclusive of each other, you could easily do all three if you felt the modders had a good enough reason. but that isnt really the point of your post.

Its also absolutely your right to deny mods, or parts of mods, since almost everything about mapping is inherently subjective. Generally if your goal is the ranked section you'll want a better argument for your opinion than that you like it that way though, since someone will ask about it at some point if you deny a mod they agree with and you have to convince BN's your opinion is thought out well enough.

However I am going to be a bit blunt since you continue to post about this, you are not going to get far taking criticism from people with different opinions so personally. I'd be willing to bet that attitude is why you're having trouble in discord servers. Asking for mods and feedback is asking for opinions, what were you expecting exactly? Even in maps accepted by most people as good, modders will attempt to point out ways they feel it could improved, because that is what they are being asked to do. Take the time to calm down before you respond to criticism if you need to. If you disagree with or dont understand an opinion, ask for their reasoning, or try to give a civil argument for your opinion. You also just have to know when to accept that an opinion may be better thought out than yours.

People don't like to give criticism to people who they know will take it poorly, and aren't likely to accept your opinions if you cant give good reasoning when asked. Sometimes you just have to ask if maybe you are the problem, and its not going to feel good.
JustABeginner
Hi, just want to clarify.

---

LaymooDR wrote:

Modding is just a thing for every person to shove their opinions on what you should add or change.
Quite frankly, that's the whole purpose of the term modding. It gives personal feedback on its praising and flaws of a beatmap, and whether you want to accept it or a few reasons why you believe you want to keep it that way.

LaymooDR wrote:

I decided that modding is not worth it and I will improve myself.
Trust me, you will need some feedbacks once in a while if there's something amiss in your beatmaps or needs adjusting. Improving yourself, fine that's on you. But your knowledge of mapping just stays in that level because you don't expand your opinions and share your idea within the community.

LaymooDR wrote:

Modding is full of differing opinions on what to add or change on the same section. For example, one person says fix the spacing between the notes, and make the slider axis consistent. Then one person says all it needs is a remap. Then the next fucking says that the vocals wasn't to be fucking mapped in the first goddamn place. MY GOD, I'M GOING FUCKING INSANE!
That is up to you to decide. If all are very much valid reasons, you can adjust based on its feedbacks. And that my friend, is how you have a new idea about mapping. So next time when you're creating a new beatmap, you can refer to those feedbacks - or even adjusting it to your own likings, and make better maps. Surely, seeing a ton of feedbacks are headaches. But to understand a true pain of it, let's take some examples I found:

beatmapsets/761041/discussion/1600415/timeline - osu!
beatmapsets/1042815/discussion/2179670/timeline - osu!taiko
beatmapsets/1784352/discussion/3654417/timeline - osu!catch
beatmapsets/1784352/discussion/3654417/timeline - osu!mania

I know some examples aren't truly the best, but imagine a person who have to deal with modding in a long timed beatmap, fixing what's need to be fixed. Yet, their perseverance and dedication is there and handles it well enough. Not only the mapper, but the time took for modders to check the maps are really hard to, to know where and what to be said to improved. It's all time consuming. If you said you're going insance just because of it, I can say they're causing a riot over these intense feedbacks they've got.

Bottom line, don't be dreaded and call it "toxic" just because a lot of people give feedbacks on the same section of the song.

LaymooDR wrote:

Point is, modding is just opinions. You just gotta get lucky that any random users going through your arse maps somehow finds one of them that they like and decides to hype it.
True, lucky is one. But, if they "hate" everything what you made, do you need to be so bitchy about it? Being all like "toxic toxic toxic toxicity" just because of that one simple of no likes of what you've made? Clearly, there's a reason why they don't like it is because the map's not polished or well made, and comparing to other maps they've compared, they need to help you improve by giving a brutal honest like Simon Cowell in any idol contest. I want you to make a quality map, fix whatever parts that need to be fixed and listen to what others have told you to. I'm sure there's one in a millions of osu! player likes your maps.

Also, don't just depend on likes. It's not balance. If you care much about likes and abandoned the critical ones, you're something wrong. As the saying goes, failure is success. Take anything - likes and criticism, and jot down what do you really think is true. And this is not an opinion I've shared, this is an advice.

LaymooDR wrote:

Then you gotta hope the map is good enough to satisfy the equally opinionated beatmap nominators and gets enough hypes to be ranked.
In your dreams. Don't aim that high if you still can't solve the inner problems yet.

LaymooDR wrote:

Project Loved is just as bad and opinionated, if not worse than going for ranked.
Sorry Blushing, this person offended you.

LaymooDR wrote:

If you are going to close this post because of this specific rant, I'm not a moderator or an administrator, so I cannot stop you from doing what you are made to do.
Likewise, THAT_otaku had already mentioned that this is no diary blog, yet you're still here doing the same thing. Everyone including me has their own struggles. But why can't shared here, this forum is meant for discussions or help. You can ask for emotional support from your close friends.

And importantly to yourself: Don't be a selfish and egoistic person. Based on your attitude, you're really are some guy who just can't loses. Stand up for yourself and don't be arrogant.

Ouch JustABeginner, that hurts-
Get over it. Things aren't made from fairytale. I've been there, overcome it. :]

---

The rest of them I leave it to you to decide whether you want to change yourself or not.
Topic Starter
LaymooDR

WitherMite wrote:

I dont really see how those example mods are exclusive of each other, you could easily do all three if you felt the modders had a good enough reason. but that isnt really the point of your post.

Its also absolutely your right to deny mods, or parts of mods, since almost everything about mapping is inherently subjective. Generally if your goal is the ranked section you'll want a better argument for your opinion than that you like it that way though, since someone will ask about it at some point if you deny a mod they agree with and you have to convince BN's your opinion is thought out well enough.

However I am going to be a bit blunt since you continue to post about this, you are not going to get far taking criticism from people with different opinions so personally. I'd be willing to bet that attitude is why you're having trouble in discord servers. Asking for mods and feedback is asking for opinions, what were you expecting exactly? Even in maps accepted by most people as good, modders will attempt to point out ways they feel it could improved, because that is what they are being asked to do. Take the time to calm down before you respond to criticism if you need to. If you disagree with or dont understand an opinion, ask for their reasoning, or try to give a civil argument for your opinion. You also just have to know when to accept that an opinion may be better thought out than yours.

People don't like to give criticism to people who they know will take it poorly, and aren't likely to accept your opinions if you cant give good reasoning when asked. Sometimes you just have to ask if maybe you are the problem, and its not going to feel good.

JustABeginner wrote:

Hi, just want to clarify.

---

LaymooDR wrote:

Modding is just a thing for every person to shove their opinions on what you should add or change.
Quite frankly, that's the whole purpose of the term modding. It gives personal feedback on its praising and flaws of a beatmap, and whether you want to accept it or a few reasons why you believe you want to keep it that way.

LaymooDR wrote:

I decided that modding is not worth it and I will improve myself.
Trust me, you will need some feedbacks once in a while if there's something amiss in your beatmaps or needs adjusting. Improving yourself, fine that's on you. But your knowledge of mapping just stays in that level because you don't expand your opinions and share your idea within the community.

LaymooDR wrote:

Modding is full of differing opinions on what to add or change on the same section. For example, one person says fix the spacing between the notes, and make the slider axis consistent. Then one person says all it needs is a remap. Then the next fucking says that the vocals wasn't to be fucking mapped in the first goddamn place. MY GOD, I'M GOING FUCKING INSANE!
That is up to you to decide. If all are very much valid reasons, you can adjust based on its feedbacks. And that my friend, is how you have a new idea about mapping. So next time when you're creating a new beatmap, you can refer to those feedbacks - or even adjusting it to your own likings, and make better maps. Surely, seeing a ton of feedbacks are headaches. But to understand a true pain of it, let's take some examples I found:

beatmapsets/761041/discussion/1600415/timeline - osu!
beatmapsets/1042815/discussion/2179670/timeline - osu!taiko
beatmapsets/1784352/discussion/3654417/timeline - osu!catch
beatmapsets/1784352/discussion/3654417/timeline - osu!mania

I know some examples aren't truly the best, but imagine a person who have to deal with modding in a long timed beatmap, fixing what's need to be fixed. Yet, their perseverance and dedication is there and handles it well enough. Not only the mapper, but the time took for modders to check the maps are really hard to, to know where and what to be said to improved. It's all time consuming. If you said you're going insance just because of it, I can say they're causing a riot over these intense feedbacks they've got.

Bottom line, don't be dreaded and call it "toxic" just because a lot of people give feedbacks on the same section of the song.

LaymooDR wrote:

Point is, modding is just opinions. You just gotta get lucky that any random users going through your arse maps somehow finds one of them that they like and decides to hype it.
True, lucky is one. But, if they "hate" everything what you made, do you need to be so bitchy about it? Being all like "toxic toxic toxic toxicity" just because of that one simple of no likes of what you've made? Clearly, there's a reason why they don't like it is because the map's not polished or well made, and comparing to other maps they've compared, they need to help you improve by giving a brutal honest like Simon Cowell in any idol contest. I want you to make a quality map, fix whatever parts that need to be fixed and listen to what others have told you to. I'm sure there's one in a millions of osu! player likes your maps.

Also, don't just depend on likes. It's not balance. If you care much about likes and abandoned the critical ones, you're something wrong. As the saying goes, failure is success. Take anything - likes and criticism, and jot down what do you really think is true. And this is not an opinion I've shared, this is an advice.

LaymooDR wrote:

Then you gotta hope the map is good enough to satisfy the equally opinionated beatmap nominators and gets enough hypes to be ranked.
In your dreams. Don't aim that high if you still can't solve the inner problems yet.

LaymooDR wrote:

Project Loved is just as bad and opinionated, if not worse than going for ranked.
Sorry Blushing, this person offended you.

LaymooDR wrote:

If you are going to close this post because of this specific rant, I'm not a moderator or an administrator, so I cannot stop you from doing what you are made to do.
Likewise, THAT_otaku had already mentioned that this is no diary blog, yet you're still here doing the same thing. Everyone including me has their own struggles. But why can't shared here, this forum is meant for discussions or help. You can ask for emotional support from your close friends.

And importantly to yourself: Don't be a selfish and egoistic person. Based on your attitude, you're really are some guy who just can't loses. Stand up for yourself and don't be arrogant.

Ouch JustABeginner, that hurts-
Get over it. Things aren't made from fairytale. I've been there, overcome it. :]

---

The rest of them I leave it to you to decide whether you want to change yourself or not.

First of all, I am not sure what would either be the right opinion to use or which one would be a waste of time. There are apparently multiple ways I would have to map a section, which makes it impossible to choose the right one.

Second of all, I'm an extremely small user. I'm virtually invisible to the community, so I'm not getting actual mods anytime soon.

Third of all, the toxicity wasn't the differing feedback. Don't know where you got that. The toxicity was towards mainly me, rather than the maps. I was called the N-word once, which is when I decided to quit Numerus.

You can't tell that trying to be a mapper is impossible for me? That's that. I have no other way to convince you. They are, 9 times out of 10, completely impossible to fix. Even when I take feedback and use it for future maps, I am still somehow able to screw it up. This means I am unable to use modding and can't improve, so why do so when you have the inability to?
Lp9
why delete maps? just map for fun, look at maps you like and see what they do right and wrong, and you will get it eventually

I have never recieved/tried to get mods, but i'd say i have reached a pretty ok mapping level and could rank stuff if i want

Though if feedback is absolutely needed, there are options like the official mentorship programs or mentoring discord servers like avalon or sursum, you can also try the ingame mapping chatroom too

Guide on how to get ranked map:

Though, as others mentioned, you are most likely only getting mods when your map fits all the criteria for ranked (hitsounds completed, full spread, decent map quality, correct metadata, timing etc)

To make sure most of these are covered, you can try downloading a program called Mapset Verifier and correct any mistakes yourself before asking for mods

If you want to further increase your chances on ranked, try going thru BN's profiles, find their prefered song genres and find out what kind of mapping style they prefer

tldr map more, have fun
Topic Starter
LaymooDR

Lp9 wrote:

why delete maps? just map for fun, look at maps you like and see what they do right and wrong, and you will get it eventually

I have never recieved/tried to get mods, but i'd say i have reached a pretty ok mapping level and could rank stuff if i want

Though if feedback is absolutely needed, there are options like the official mentorship programs or mentoring discord servers like avalon or sursum, you can also try the ingame mapping chatroom too

Guide on how to get ranked map:

Though, as others mentioned, you are most likely only getting mods when your map fits all the criteria for ranked (hitsounds completed, full spread, decent map quality, correct metadata, timing etc)

To make sure most of these are covered, you can try downloading a program called Mapset Verifier and correct any mistakes yourself before asking for mods

If you want to further increase your chances on ranked, try going thru BN's profiles, find their prefered song genres and find out what kind of mapping style they prefer

tldr map more, have fun
I would, but it's difficult to find a BN that actually likes the type of stuff I map. Would you know any? Also, how do I have fun with mapping again? I killed all of my motivation to have a decent map that is playable and quality. Also, Mapset Verifier is pretty wack when it comes to how it wants the thing to be ranked. What if there are no other difficulties that can be made?
Lp9

LaymooDR wrote:

I would, but it's difficult to find a BN that actually likes the type of stuff I map. Would you know any? Also, how do I have fun with mapping again? I killed all of my motivation to have a decent map that is playable and quality. Also, Mapset Verifier is pretty wack when it comes to how it wants the thing to be ranked. What if there are no other difficulties that can be made?
I checked your maps (the 10* exilelord one) and you have way too much repeating patterns and too much copy paste. If u want to keep mapping like that sure, but i dont think any BN will want to look at this at all, much less rank, because certain expectations are formed after years of playing and mapping together. Usually you don't need to be that good at the game, but it seems like you haven't played standard at all, maybe try experiencing what normal ranked maps feel like and learning the fundamentals of the game, then try mapping again based on what you saw when you were playing, focus on what you felt and then try to reflect that in your mapping.

Once you have this basic experience, then you can start mapping for fun, as you will have an general idea on how things should work. Over time you will keep improving as you gain both playing and mapping experience (after a while u wont need to play, cuz u will understand the basics)

As for how you could make your exilelord map less boring, try searching woey and checking out one of his loved maps, where he also mapped exilelord to see how to make more interesting patterns out of a repetitive song.

What is positive though is the rhytmn choice, most beginners have no idea what they're doing when it comes to that, but your map has alright rhytmm

basically dont focus so much on trying to rank your first maps, most mappers find out themselves if they have what it takes to rank a map if they keep mapping long enough, so just enjoy the process

ok thats all, u have lots more info from others too, no more whining if u do decide to continue mapping, glhf
Topic Starter
LaymooDR

Lp9 wrote:

LaymooDR wrote:

I checked your maps (the 10* exilelord one) and you have way too much repeating patterns and too much copy paste. If u want to keep mapping like that sure, but i dont think any BN will want to look at this at all, much less rank, because certain expectations are formed after years of playing and mapping together. Usually you don't need to be that good at the game, but it seems like you haven't played standard at all, maybe try experiencing what normal ranked maps feel like and learning the fundamentals of the game, then try mapping again based on what you saw when you were playing, focus on what you felt and then try to reflect that in your mapping.

Once you have this basic experience, then you can start mapping for fun, as you will have an general idea on how things should work. Over time you will keep improving as you gain both playing and mapping experience (after a while u wont need to play, cuz u will understand the basics)

As for how you could make your exilelord map less boring, try searching woey and checking out one of his loved maps, where he also mapped exilelord to see how to make more interesting patterns out of a repetitive song.

What is positive though is the rhytmn choice, most beginners have no idea what they're doing when it comes to that, but your map has alright rhytmm

basically dont focus so much on trying to rank your first maps, most mappers find out themselves if they have what it takes to rank a map if they keep mapping long enough, so just enjoy the process

ok thats all, u have lots more info from others too, no more whining if u do decide to continue mapping, glhf
The 10 star map for that Exile Lord song was more of a joke map than any. I have a ton of other maps that are not uploaded yet that are way better than this. I do have plans on making a proper playable quality version of Minds of the Mad soon. I have played standard, but a lot of it was offline without an account. I wish I had Osu! Supporter so I could edit my me! section with info about my mapping and playtime offline, so people like you don't make wrong assumptions.
Rezq Gokou
I have viewed your map. I would say, I could kinda see what kind of map you want to make. I don't really know much about Osu! mapping, but I do know about rhythm games in general. I see a few things you do that are considered as problem. I have seen examples of this problem in a few community driven rhythm games. Overmapping, basically you put circles/sliders without any instruments/vocal backing it up. Second is sound prioritizing, prioritize only one instrument (for example, vocal) if you map all of the sounds it will overwhelm the player and create confusion. That's all from me, have a nice day.
Topic Starter
LaymooDR

Rezq wrote:

I have viewed your map. I would say, I could kinda see what kind of map you want to make. I don't really know much about Osu! mapping, but I do know about rhythm games in general. I see a few things you do that are considered as problem. I have seen examples of this problem in a few community driven rhythm games. Overmapping, basically you put circles/sliders without any instruments/vocal backing it up. Second is sound prioritizing, prioritize only one instrument (for example, vocal) if you map all of the sounds it will overwhelm the player and create confusion. That's all from me, have a nice day.
I've pretty much quit Osu!, but thanks for replying to this dead thread.
Kiwahara
You can see how much people are trying to help you here. There are good and bad people, just learn how to ignore bad ones and move on. Good luck