forum

[Archived] Error during upload: Artist or filename field too long

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
advu_
Problem details:
I made a map and when I go to upload it, I get an error saying: "Error during upload: Data too long for column 'artist' at row 1Data too long for column 'filename' at row 10"

For reference, the romanized artist field is 110 characters, romanized title field is 26, and .osu filename is 168 characters. This is with the (Game Ver.) marker from the title removed and I had to remove CV's from the artist metadata to get the .osu to write in the first place. How would I be able to upload this map while still having all necessary metadata?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://i.imgur.com/LqwZgQP.png
If it'd help troubleshoot, here's a download for the map

osu! version: Stable 20230326 (latest)
Ryu Sei
According to ranking criteria...
If a beatmap's track was contributed to by multiple artists, they may be listed with commas in between. If there are 3 or more contributing artists and they are not part of one officially labelled group, Various Artists or other descriptive artist labels may be used instead.

You can replace the artist name for both romanised/original with Various Artists instead, then put the full artist name on tags.

There is a hard limit of how long romanised artist/title length, which is 81 characters.
Topic Starter
advu_

Ryu Sei wrote:

According to ranking criteria...
If a beatmap's track was contributed to by multiple artists, they may be listed with commas in between. If there are 3 or more contributing artists and they are not part of one officially labelled group, Various Artists or other descriptive artist labels may be used instead.

You can replace the artist name for both romanised/original with Various Artists instead, then put the full artist name on tags.

There is a hard limit of how long romanised artist/title length, which is 81 characters.
thanks! i was hoping there was a way for me to fix it without using various artists, but i guess it'll have to do.