forum

Is it a good idea to reveal your age to random forum users?

posted
Total Posts

Is it?

Yes
6.67%
No
35.56%
Depends
55.56%
Other
2.22%
Total votes: 45
Topic Starter
Stomiks
Had a small thought about it when I saw the "Guess the age of the user above you" forum game.
lostsilver
n o . i do not need to give anymore info. just no. it's not safe, because people may take advantage of you for revealing your age on the internet. it's not safe.
WitherMite
for children - no

adults - eh, I dont know what someone could even do with the knowledge that Im almost 23, just don't be an idiot and use your birthday in your passwords.
Topic Starter
Stomiks

WitherMite wrote:

just don't be an idiot and use your birthday in your passwords
Duck o-o
depends on the person u are revealing it to
like i have no problem telling you or poly or someone for example cos A:different country B:its not exactly useful info on its
⠀⠀⠀own
Polyspora

Dementedduck wrote:

like i have no problem telling you or poly or someone for example cos A:different country B:its not exactly useful info on its
⠀⠀⠀own
wtf is this format lmao
Polyspora
man, I'm the only one who voted yes
Aireunaeus
Well, I've revealed my age a few months ago, but it's actually quite unsafe to just show their age on the public on minors. there are predators on the internet everywhere. soo be careful to whom you talk.
Karmine

WitherMite wrote:

for children - no

adults - eh, I dont know what someone could even do with the knowledge that Im almost 23, just don't be an idiot and use your birthday in your passwords.
This + revealing any kind of personal info is generally not a good idea, depending on how much you value your privacy
JustABeginner
If you're not comfortable with it, don't share it.
After all, "Guess the age of the user above you" is simply just guessing the age above the user - stating random number like 31, not to say "No" or "Yes".
Duck o-o

Polyspora wrote:

Dementedduck wrote:

⠀⠀⠀own
wtf is this format lmao
it looks liek a duck 👍
Wimpy Cursed
I don't really mind it.
If you're not comfortable with it, don't say it out to the public
I AM VERY SMART
u
Nuuskamuikkunen
If you are a minor, nope. If adult, eh, doesn't matter.
ABluetap11
Minor?- nope

18+- go ahead
Reyalp51
Adult gang 😎
Polyspora

eblf2013 wrote:

depends on the situation tho, if you're a minor and someone is hitting you up you should probably fucking tell him you're a minor
Nuuskamuikkunen

Polyspora wrote:

eblf2013 wrote:

depends on the situation tho, if you're a minor and someone is hitting you up you should probably fucking tell him you're a minor
Yeah, I meant giving exact age. You can perfectly tell you are a minor if someone is bothering you.
k4N4
-Kori
Wimpy Cursed
thx
now I find all the information I need
I AM VERY SMART
As a minor, I can say that revealing your age online is very bad... especially to strangers.
Reyalp51

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

As a minor, I can say that revealing your age online is very bad... especially to strangers.
this double meaning of this post is so funny to me
B0ii
randoms: no
close people: depends on the situation
UPR
Meh depends.
All the baseline stuff has been said. Mainly just comes down to your own amount of sharing
Aireunaeus

Aireunaeus wrote:

Well, I've revealed my age a few months ago, but it's actually quite unsafe to just show their age on the public on minors. there are predators on the internet everywhere. soo be careful to whom you talk.
Farfocele
i sure as hell won't
Wimpy Cursed
I got nuked
-Kori
ClevelandsMyBro

-Kori wrote:

-Kori wrote:

happy birthday
-Kori

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

happy birthday
a little late by now but ty :D
[DJ]Robsao
i always say 20, is the key age
I AM VERY SMART

Reyalp51 wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

this double meaning of this post is so funny to me
Crazy ikr
Behrauder
In theory, it's better not to, but in practice, nothing ever happens.
Wimpy Cursed
I'm 17
KimAriel
Uh, whatever? But only if you're an adult, cause if you're a kiddo, it's a no-no.
I AM VERY SMART

Wimpy Cursed wrote:

I'm 17
18 when?