forum

[resolved] Website showing incorrect highest overall rank achieved

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sublime
Couldn't find another post exactly like this so I apologize if this has been previously mentioned.

Current rank:

Screenshot of possible highest rank I achieved back in 2015:

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20230319

Is anyone else having this issue? I believe some top players that hit rank 1 previously (Mathi) back in 2018 have it displayed correctly on their profile. Rafis achieved rank 1 in 2015, but it shows 2018 for him as well. So, I'm not sure if this was implemented after that since it only shows me highest rank from 2019.
Death
The data only goes back to late 2016 unfortunately.

Also I believe the data from 2016-2018(?) is a bit sparse. An external service was used to populate data in that range and I think it only updated your rank if your profile was explicitly searched, meaning it may not have been updated for you.
Topic Starter
Sublime

Death wrote:

The data only goes back to late 2016 unfortunately.

Also I believe the data from 2016-2018(?) is a bit sparse. An external service was used to populate data in that range and I think it only updated your rank if your profile was explicitly searched, meaning it may not have been updated for you.
I see. Thank you for pointing this out. Rank isn't everything and it's a neat feature to have, but I can't help but feel that due to this inaccuracy that maybe it should not be implemented in its current form.

Either way, not much we can do I suppose. Thank you and you may close this thread.