forum

Full Distance Snap Mapping!?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MrMcMikey22
I think I might have talked about it before, but it still is so rare to see a fully distance snapped map...(ok most of the iNiS and grid based symmetry maps also follow that too, but I was saying about something else than that...)

(And when I mean full-distance snapping I mean it at every single diff. .w.)

There is only one true canidate that I found and that was Pasonia..

Pasonia mapped his beatmaps with distance snap, but the way the objects are arranged look at least a bit like distance snapped modern hard diffs..(if you ignore the very weird sliders Pasonia has made..)

This for example: https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/4751#osu/25857

However it mostly looks very amateur like, due to the time period it was ranked...
Almost all of his ranked maps were ranked in 2009.
Really old...

Then there's also Leorda's first maps too mostly..

But then that's probably about it...

And yeah most of them are indeed yeah..questionable for today's ranking standards I suppose..

I was wondering if there are any maps that tend to have a similar style to these ones I mentioned before.

Or if someone's already trying to (sorta) exactly replicate that style...

And if you guys wondering what my mapping style is, yeah it's mostly just fully distance snapping, though I put a jump when song gets to an intensive beat or something or I just change the green sv lines to match the intensity of the song. But I can safely say that I am a bit of a distance snap fanatic lol. xD

Anyways anyone mapped it like this before..?
Zelzatter Zero
I think a lot would do when it comes to high Hard/low Insane with higher rhythm density.
Topic Starter
MrMcMikey22
Hmm...but what about extra diffs? How would that even play out?

It might sound a bit of a joke, but it could be possible that a very 5* map that is mapped by fully using distance snap can be challenging as heck, bit I guess that's rather for the ones with much higher distance snap or/and slider velocity, when the sliders are actually like a full or half a beat long..
(Or it could be a Marathon...lol)