forum

[Archived] my laptop keeps turning into sleep mode while playing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
My Angel Marisa
Problem details: Sometimes when I was playing a map on osu (mania to be exact), my laptop suddenly switched to sleep mode, and I ended up failing my run. This is annoying when I almost set a good score but suddenly died right at the end just because of this

Processor : AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX
Memory : 16GB
Graphics : Integrated AMD Radeon Graphics

osu! version: Stable 20230326 (latest)
Blushing
Does this happen with any other game? Does this happen outside of osu! or is it just an osu! thing.

You said sometimes this happens, can you remember doing something specific for it to trigger or to start?
BlueChinchompa
Have you checked your power plan in windows?
its in the control panel that could help.
Topic Starter
My Angel Marisa

Blushing wrote:

Does this happen with any other game? Does this happen outside of osu! or is it just an osu! thing.

You said sometimes this happens, can you remember doing something specific for it to trigger or to start?
this hasn't happened outside osu, atleast for now

i wasn't doing anything particular when this happened, except for using my keys to play mania, but this usually happens at a long map

BlueChinchompa wrote:

Have you checked your power plan in windows?
its in the control panel that could help.
changed a few settings here and there, somehow this happens less frequently but it does still happen sometimes
Death
What are your key bindings?
Topic Starter
My Angel Marisa

Death wrote:

What are your key bindings?
4k dfkl
7k sdf[spc]jkl
Death
Is there a possibility that you're accidentally pressing Win+L and locking your PC while playing, or are you positive your PC is actually going to sleep?

osu! cannot do the latter and there isn't a key combination to do so either, hence why I'm skeptical.

Otherwise, my other guess would be faulty lid sensor or something. Since you're on a laptop that's the only other way I could see your computer immediately going to sleep without any input.
Topic Starter
My Angel Marisa

Death wrote:

Is there a possibility that you're accidentally pressing Win+L and locking your PC while playing, or are you positive your PC is actually going to sleep?

osu! cannot do the latter and there isn't a key combination to do so either, hence why I'm skeptical.

Otherwise, my other guess would be faulty lid sensor or something. Since you're on a laptop that's the only other way I could see your computer immediately going to sleep without any input.
Ah, that might be the problem. Thanks!