forum

Ctrl+V rounding error [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mm201
Normally, this would be super minor, but the AImod keeps on bitching about it, so bug report:

When you copy/paste a group of notes, all their relative millisecond values are kept the same. However, the beats they're placed on sometimes get rounded differently leading to some notes being off by +/- 1ms with respect to their new home. AImod pesters us about this.

It would be handy if on pasting, the pasted notes were automatically snapped.
anonymous_old
IMO this could cause some problems as it's unexpected behaviour.

How about a special paste which snaps, instead of adding this ability to the normal paste? Ctrl-Shift-V?
Topic Starter
mm201
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
I am tempted to just increase AIMod's tolerance by 1ms, which will fix this problem. 1ms is not perceivable to the human ear, so shouldn't have a negative effect on gameplay anyways. Thoughts?
anonymous_old
Use fractions for timings? =]
peppy
Do you read?

[quote="peppy"1ms is not perceivable to the human ear[/quote]
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
mm201
It *could* still compound if you do lots of copy/pasting, but I guess AImod would catch that.
Zekira
Well it's not permissible to the human ear, yes, but... if you're playing a 10 overalldiff map that might just spell +100% 100s
peppy
At overall difficulty 10, this would result in at most 2.4% chance of a 300 becoming a 100. It would change the ratio of 300s to 100s by 1.6%. This is acceptable, and a much larger variable is introduced by the possibility of lag, input latency and time calculation accuracy.
Zekira
Ah, only 2.4%? My rough estimation of the timeframe must be inaccurate, then...