forum

cYsmix feat. Emmy - Tear Rain

posted
Total Posts
show more
fanzhen0019
Congratz! It's really nice. shooooot!
those
Is this how we're deciding to keep the source and tags?
Topic Starter
jonathanlfj

those wrote:

Is this how we're deciding to keep the source and tags?
i feel that touhou should be in source and circle in tags instead, but this was the way the inital package was setup, so im gonna wait for furthur feedback on that
Charles445
I don't think the label goes in the source.
captin1
why am i not surprised lol

gj :3
BeatofIke
Congrats Jonathanlfj! :3
Satellite
Congrats :)
Jenny
As for the hitsounding, I'd suggest you pair drum hitclaps and -finishes with soft-hitnormals rather than drum ones since these kind of counteract their additions; also, while the normal-hitwhistles do not feel out-of-place, they definitely sound too loud most of the time (specifically in nonkiai parts, who would have guessed, since these are the calmer ones), so I'd recommend lowering their volumes and/or reducing the density that you use them at for the calmer and weaker bits of the song, since whistles feel more like a thing for big, authentic rhythms rather than just a permanent addition.
Topic Starter
jonathanlfj

Jenny wrote:

As for the hitsounding, I'd suggest you pair drum hitclaps and -finishes with soft-hitnormals rather than drum ones since these kind of counteract their additions; also, while the normal-hitwhistles do not feel out-of-place, they definitely sound too loud most of the time (specifically in nonkiai parts, who would have guessed, since these are the calmer ones), so I'd recommend lowering their volumes and/or reducing the density that you use them at for the calmer and weaker bits of the song, since whistles feel more like a thing for big, authentic rhythms rather than just a permanent addition.
good point, i will make some volume changes; as of the hitsound pairing i intentionally used drum defaults as the base since i feel they fit more with the beat i was trying to follow
Zare
After a first glance on the Insane, this looks like a well deserved #1, congratz!
still surprised about grumd's low rating
Alarido
Gratz for the Elite Mapper title and for winning the mapping contest jonaaaa~~~~ dear ♥ · · · · · · · · · · · · · and for the osu!tablet too (:

Good luck on ranking faster (: so take a star ^.^

and... let's rank our guest dif collab at Rihanna ♥ (the diff name might be [Guest Diff Collab Insane] instead of [Diamond], since the latter is unrankable nowadays :( )
Kayano
Gratz! Star~
Suimya
wow Jonathan so pro owo/

Gratz!!
Azer
I KNEW IT ALL ALONG
Jonathan confirmed best mapper 2013
Niva
I've congratulated you previously on that news post actually, but nevertheless, congratulations (again) for winning~

Good luck on this mapset jonathanlfj! xD

(whoa, you're so fast noticing that my mapset is uploaded and editing your 1st post o.o)

-----------------------------------------

EDIT: Dropped a star to your mapset as well (forgot to do it previously orz ._.)
Oyatsu

Azer wrote:

I KNEW IT ALL ALONG
2013 Best Mapper Prize belongs to jonathanlfj
CONGRTAZ!! PRO-SAN ><
Topic Starter
jonathanlfj

Niva wrote:

I've congratulated you previously on that news post actually, but nevertheless, congratulations (again) for winning~

Good luck on this mapset jonathanlfj! xD

(whoa, you're so fast noticing that my mapset is uploaded and editing your 1st post o.o)
Thanks Niva, I just happen to refresh the forum page and see your mapset uploaded, and then i read the description and went GOOD IDEA I WILL DO IT TOO xD. The judging was a close call, if it wern't for Charles who appreciated my map so much the winner could have been you ><

Also Azer and Oyatsu lol stap
captin1

Azer wrote:

Giralda

Azer wrote:

Koiyuki
gratz~
star
grumd
Congratulations on your winning!
I guess your title is the right one, I'll take it in my mapset.
Would be nice if you added mine to the map description too, btw. Oh you already did.
HabiHolic
good map
star!
neurosis
very fun
Cloudchaser
Nice map
Azer

Azer wrote:

Mapper confirmed best Jonathan 2013
meiikyuu
my bg to you ^^~ grats in advance ww

http://puu.sh/6j0CX.jpg

proper credits on the bg already
Topic Starter
jonathanlfj
wwwww <333

also original bg is being used under the artist's discretion; proper credits will be attributed in the op (and already on the picture itself)
Loctav
Congratulations jonathanlfjhjfjkksdf
Ephemeral
the BG needs to be a 100% original work (no edit, nothing) or an image licensed under creative commons before we can rank/approve/post the goddamn results already - the current one is not, and thus needs to be changed
Azer
Topic Starter
jonathanlfj
alright after some research i actually found a cool and relevant image that is liscensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic Liscense. Took me a while but i guess its worth the time?

Map has been updated and attributions stated in the OP
happy30
The current bg seems to be made by a circle called Cradle
It was released together with a music CD by Alstroemeria records (source: http://vgmdb.net/album/10674)
The image says "Judgment days" and "beatMARIO", that's why I am assuming this.

Anyway, I found this on Cradle's homepage about the copyrights:

/// copyright

バナーを除く、全ての画像の無断転載及び、二次掲載を禁止します。
イラストへの直リンクもご遠慮下さい。お願い致します。

(loosely translated into: "except for the banners, unauthorized reproduction of the images is prohibited, don't direct link them")

source: http://cradle.cc/about.html
Topic Starter
jonathanlfj

happy30 wrote:

The current bg seems to be made by a circle called Cradle
It was released together with a music CD by Alstroemeria records (source: http://vgmdb.net/album/10674)
The image says "Judgment days" and "beatMARIO", that's why I am assuming this.

Anyway, I found this on Cradle's homepage about the copyrights:

/// copyright

バナーを除く、全ての画像の無断転載及び、二次掲載を禁止します。
イラストへの直リンクもご遠慮下さい。お願い致します。

(loosely translated into: "except for the banners, unauthorized reproduction of the images is prohibited, don't direct link them")

source: http://cradle.cc/about.html
good point, i will see if i can find another one i guess...

EDIT: Scrapped Flandre, cant find many good quality licensed image of her...slapped a marisa + reimu combo on there, hope this works out qq
Image link: http://ninamo-chan.deviantart.com/art/G ... -210875113
CC License link: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/

since the license states not to transform i will leave the original resolution untouched, pretty sure 1000*707 is rankable as peppy said any resolution that doesn't break osu is fine.
Ephemeral
rebubbling now that licensing is fixed
Loctav
I don't think the resolution is breaking anything. And since we need to keep the licensing and changing the resolution here would break the image self, let's go with it.
(This doesn't mean that other maps can use random resolutions)
Koiyuki
gratz~ >.<
Asagi Mutsuki
gratz~
Topic Starter
jonathanlfj
yayy Thank you ><

also for a little while i do not want to see touhou bgs again...
Oyatsu
RANKED MAP ATTACK AGAIN
Congrtaz!! jona-senpai :D
- Umeru -
I love your insane difficulty :D i love that jumps.
show more