forum

Anyone else play an instrument?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Stickman92
I'm learning piano, its fun. I'm curious if anyone else is learning an instrument.
his everything
I used to play piano too but I gave up to do some gardening instead

What kind of piano music can you play?
Stomiks
I tried learning one, but the second I tried to read sheet music I completely gave up lmao.
Topic Starter
Stickman92

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

I used to play piano also. now I'm re-learning piano after a long time, so I'm rusty and back to the basics.
It's mostly just learning some music from anime/video games such as kingdom hearts/asura wrath/higurashi/etc. And getting gud at my chords & scales.
krumbl
I play the acoustic guitar, but I wanna get an electric one 8)
luisfili100
I play acoustic guitar and i'm getting a musical keyboard next month, been to some piano classes before and it's definitely my favorite instrument
Karmine

Stickman92 wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

I used to play piano also. now I'm re-learning piano after a long time, so I'm rusty and back to the basics.
It's mostly just learning some music from anime/video games such as kingdom hearts/asura wrath/higurashi/etc. And getting gud at my chords & scales.
Ah I used to play piano too but stopped and never got to start again
WitherMite
used to play tuba throughout school, but cant afford one now that im out of school and not renting/borrowing (basically costs as much as a small car)

I have a cheap trumpet and cornet, a trombone (plastic one though), as well as an electric guitar I got recently, but ive not been practicing as much as I should be, been having a rough bit lately.

I can play trumpet/cornet decently ok apart from some tone and range issues since tuba translates pretty directly, but the transposing keeps me from being able to read any music very well, and on trombone I've still not practiced enough to be good with the slide and keep intonation. Havent practiced guitar quite enough yet to play much either, and when I do practice that's what I've been focusing on since most music I like is played on electric guitar. right now I've learned where the intervals are in standard tuning and some open/barre chords, need to learn some songs, improve chord changes, and memorize where the notes are in E standard next.

Figure once I learn some guitar I can pick up bass pretty quickly with the knowledge from tuba, and learning theory on guitar will likely help with my trumpet/trombone playing once I come back to them.
her everything
No but i wish i could play a piano or the drums
DM FOR MUTUAL
Used to play piano but dropped it because I didn't like practicing. Played violin and saxophone in highschool but never practiced. I'll probably pick an instrument again if I get really bored of osu and I don't find something else to replace it.
Happynox
I would like to play piano, but I don't have enough time to... :sadge:
his everything

Happynox wrote:

I would like to play piano, but I don't have enough time to... :sadge:
Same :cry:
Stomiks
Looks like almost everyone else here always admired to play the piano huh? Pianos do look really impressive and elegant to play after all huh?
Topic Starter
Stickman92

Stomiks wrote:

Looks like almost everyone else here always admired to play the piano huh? Pianos do look really impressive and elegant to play after all huh?
and fun to learn & practice.
his everything

Stomiks wrote:

It's also the most accessible instrument becuz of all the app and websites about it
WitherMite

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

It's also the most accessible instrument becuz of all the app and websites about it
Plus like every midi controller and its mother is a keyboard
Reyalp51
If you play piano you get mad drip
Stomiks

Reyalp51 wrote:

True though I get a ton of drip from people playing anime songs on the piano lmao
sshix_
Actually I play flute for 6 years and acoustic guitar for 3 years, now I’m learning to play bass guitar, I’m not good at all.
Is there anyone here who has learned to play bass at home? How did you do it?
his everything

Reyalp51 wrote:

No I disagree... GUITAR is the mad drip
show more