forum

Do you find fictional characters more atractive than real people?

posted
Total Posts
24

Do you find fictional characters more atractive than real people?

yes
12
48.00%
no
13
52.00%
Total votes: 25
Topic Starter
Reyalp51
I've been thinking about this for a while, i have never been in love with anyone ever. Sometimes i care more about characters than some of my family members and that is kinda weird
Stomiks
Oh yeah I watched a video like that. It was about 2 people who got married to Hatsune Miku. They're called fictosexuals from what I've heard.


While I'm not that down bad as to marry a fictional character, we all have that favorite one we like, a waifu y'know?
It's also been a long while since I've felt any romantic attraction for others (except for my wife of course) as I'm not interested in a relationship right now, but I'm definitely not choosing them over a select few of my family.

I personally don't care if you have romantic feelings for a fictional character as long as it isn't hurting anyone. Even the guys in that video acknowledge that Hatsune Miku isn't real. Just be sure to be grounded in reality and live with a healthy social life.
Topic Starter
Reyalp51

Stomiks wrote:

Oh yeah I watched a video like that. It was about 2 people who got married to Hatsune Miku. They're called fictosexuals from what I've heard.

While I'm not that down bad as to marry a fictional character, we all have that favorite one we like, a waifu y'know?
It's also been a long while since I've felt any romantic attraction for others (except for my wife of course) as I'm not interested in a relationship right now, but I'm definitely not choosing them over a select few of my family.

I personally don't care if you have romantic feelings for a fictional character as long as it isn't hurting anyone. Even the guys in that video acknowledge that Hatsune Miku isn't real. Just be sure to be grounded in reality and live with a healthy social life.
yeah i get what you say, btw in not in love with a drawing, as much as i like vtubers we must know where the line is between enjoying someone and obsession. Technology is achieving a reality that is way more likeable than the real one lmao

Karmine
Japan found the perfect solution to overpopulation: make weebs fall in love with fictional characters
Dementedduck
no, and its very unnatural to be more attracted to drawings made by guys in their 30s than actual people
lostsilver
sometimes (steven is the one i obsess over lol <3)
Behrauder

Dementedduck wrote:

its very unnatural to be more attracted to drawings made by guys in their 30s than actual people
Do you have sources?
Dementedduck

Behrauder wrote:

Dementedduck wrote:

its very unnatural to be more attracted to drawings made by guys in their 30s than actual people
Do you have sources?
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6110260/#R13
WitherMite
Its kind of the point for a lot of the fictional characters to be more attractive than really possible irl, features and personality traits exaggerated or simplified to increase their attractiveness and get/keep eyes on the work.

But emotional and social needs aren't met by how pretty a png is, so people irl are attractive differently for me and the knowledge that the characters aren't real keeps me from ever getting that attached to fictional characters and I don't see that changing. As for vtubers, I just see them as streamers, and while I can still find them and their models attractive I have the 2 braincells needed to avoid an unhealthy parasocial relationship.

I haven't been in love either, though I'm pretty sure that's because of alexithymia (just didn't realize my crushes to ever do anything about it) and social anxiety causing me to keep most people away. I am still attracted to people though, and have realized I'm probably not aromantic and crave that kind of relationship, I just don't feel it as strong as others seem to (probably the alexithymia?).

tl;dr: physically yes, romantically definitely not
Behrauder
For me, anime girls are extremely prettier and have a much better personality, although I'm not romantically attracted to them. For the last 2 years I don't like anyone romantically both from anime and real life.
Anaxii
For the people who answered yes: Go outside and touch some grass, you need it.
Jangsoodlor
As attractive as they are, our 2-dimensional waifus (or husbandos) is, unfortunately, not real.
lostsilver

eeriepump wrote:

sometimes (steven is the one i obsess over lol <3)
i mean this in a way where: steven is very cute, but he's not real, so i don't think he's hot, but he's cute, real people are well, real, so they can be hot
[ Sebastian ]
People better not be sexualizing Lucario, or any Pokémon for that matter.
Topic Starter
Reyalp51

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

People better not be sexualizing Lucario, or any Pokémon for that matter.
WitherMite

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

People better not be sexualizing Lucario, or any Pokémon for that matter.
literally the most sexualized pokemon
Anaxii

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

People better not be sexualizing Lucario, or any Pokémon for that matter.
Pokemon are cursed man, Pokemon are cursed...
Jangsoodlor

Dementedduck wrote:

no, and its very unnatural to be more attracted to drawings made by guys in their 30s than actual people



(jk lol)
lostsilver

eeriepump wrote:

sometimes (steven is the one i obsess over lol <3)
i still stand by my point
luminar

Reyalp51 wrote:

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

People better not be sexualizing Lucario, or any Pokémon for that matter.
if you know what this is you've gone wayyyyy too deep
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply