forum

Meaning of super new?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ABluetap11
I was trying to get one of my maps modded. One person messaged me and they told me that I should play the game more because I'm super new? The thing is, I've been playing the osu! for almost a year now. Could someone please explain what being a "super-new" player means?
[[[[[[
when i said you were super new i meant like you're still not very good at the game, (rank 900k), while not required, being able to play the game somewhat is kidda necessary if you wanna make a good map, cuz otherwise it's gonna be hard to grasps concepts like movement, emphasis or even rhythm choice

if you want tho we can talk a bit more in dm about mapping ideas n stuffs
Topic Starter
ABluetap11

dPeace wrote:

when i said you were super new i meant like you're still not very good at the game, (rank 900k), while not required, being able to play the game somewhat is kidda necessary if you wanna make a good map, cuz otherwise it's gonna be hard to grasps concepts like movement, emphasis or even rhythm choice

if you want tho we can talk a bit more in dm about mapping ideas n stuffs
Please? And thank you so much!
Gsun
Well, what Dpeace is saying makes sense.
Ryu Sei
From my perspective, it's a "beginner". The term assumes that you never have any experience in rhythm games and never involved in playing musical instruments at all. It might be too specific but that's that.

Though, don't be shy! You can improve your rhythm sense and rhythm game skills by keep playing. Before you realize it, you suddenly can follow the beats of the songs, and jam together with it.
Zelzatter Zero
It's basically you're new to mapping.

Your rank or playing time don't really matter when there are already ppl rocking ranked maps even in the 7-digit zone.

Just took a look at your currently pending maps. Even with one having a perk of being an FA song (meaning you already have the timing done beforehand), you still don't nail the other fundamentals right, much less the other one, where you don't even have the timing right at all.

My suggestion though, don't just play more. Inspect all your favorite maps and see you they made it the way it is, from the concept, the rhythm choice, the emphasis, the pattern, etc. Or even, it's better to have anyone handhold you through all the fundamentals before going anything complex.
Kiwahara
This is some subjective stuffs but i will share my perspective, hope it could help you in someway:

I’ve been playing for almost 1 year (11 months) and mapping for 8 months and i’m mapping rankable stuffs now. I started mapping when i was 7 digit (not even 1kpp). And through out my whole process i play alongside with mapping and i have to agree with dPeace, playing does affect your mapping. I have to at least pass some 5-6 stars diffs or even more to learn how those diffs were made (their rhythms, patterns ,movements,… what is the difference between high and low diffs). My mapping improve massively when i play a lot, and in months that i’m busy with irl stuffs, i hardly improve my mapping skills.

Looking at good maps that you like helps a lot, but also playing them helps you with “feeling” the movement (pretty much flow) and other stuffs that the mapper wants you to feel when playing.
So basically just keep playing more, if you don’t then it’s fine but i find most people at low skill level improve kinda slow. Most of them hardstuck for years (not all of them, don’t misunderstand me). Good luck and have fun mapping!
RioAl
generally its your 3rd or 4th map