forum

[Archived] Beatmaps disappearing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CoOpKiller
Problem details: I've waited a while to create this post, but every month or so about 2/3 of my beatmaps will disappear. Just absolutely gone, I've tried pressing f5, even looking in the songs folder and they are just gone from existence. Each time the amount of songs I have goes from ~90k to 20k-30k. There's a pack that includes about 90k maps which I have to 7zip and redownload each and every time. This is incredibly annoying and has happened rather often since I started playing about 2 1/2 years ago. There's nothing I could find on anything similar to this, as in it routinely happening and finding no way to fix it. If someone could help that would be greatly appreciated!

osu! version: Stable 20230326 (latest)
THAT_otaku
Make sure they arent in the recycle bin, this could mean youre accidentally clicking delete all visible maps or something, but otherwise you could be experiencing data loss repeatedly?
How are you shutting down your computer? And Do you close osu first when you do (every time)?
Topic Starter
CoOpKiller
Not in recycle bin, I click exit every time when closing osu, and I close everything that's open then click shut down.

THAT_otaku wrote:

Make sure they arent in the recycle bin, this could mean youre accidentally clicking delete all visible maps or something, but otherwise you could be experiencing data loss repeatedly?
How are you shutting down your computer? And Do you close osu first when you do (every time)?
Death
You must have something on your PC that is deleting your files if they are disappearing from your Songs folder without you having manually deleted them through osu!.
Topic Starter
CoOpKiller
Well I'm not sure what that may be and I have no idea how to fix it.

Death wrote:

You must have something on your PC that is deleting your files if they are disappearing from your Songs folder without you having manually deleted them through osu!.
THAT_otaku
im not sure what software could do that (@death) but maybe could also be power cuts/any emergency power-off type things? Same idea as the pc being shut down wrong, can cause data loss
Death
Antivirus, random PC cleaner app or something? A random shut down probably wouldn't cause mass data loss.
Ryu Sei
Unless it has to do with aging hard disk. Maybe check if your hard disk has some error?