forum

[Archived] most of maps got broken

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
thesayer
Problem details:
so i changed my microsoft account to another one (had some problems with microsoft family member), migrated all the data and then in osu almost all maps became like empty, when trying to click one them, game tells me to full proccess my map. if i click yes, game says something like map is broken and deletes it. if i click no, map loads but only one difficulty. if i click F5 it does nothing to my maps. dk what to do

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20230326 (latest)
windows 11 home, laptop asus tuf gaming a15
Death
How did you migrate your data exactly? Your beatmaps probably were not transferred properly.
Topic Starter
thesayer

Death wrote:

How did you migrate your data exactly? Your beatmaps probably were not transferred properly.
the osu data was on my (only) C: disk, the data i migrated was in C:\Users\(old user) to C:\Users\(new user). just did everything that was in the official guide. none of the game data was touched, only those two folders and all their files
Death
What I mean is, did you manually copy the files over, did you let some software or Windows transfer them, etc? I'm not sure what "official" guide you are referring to.
Topic Starter
thesayer

Death wrote:

What I mean is, did you manually copy the files over, did you let some software or Windows transfer them, etc? I'm not sure what "official" guide you are referring to.
just selected all folders and files and dragged them to another folder. manually
Death
Do you still have your old files? It may be that not all of them were copied over correctly and you might need to copy them again.

One other thing you can try first though is deleting the osu!.db that's inside your osu! folder. Please make sure you have the game closed while doing that.
Topic Starter
thesayer

Death wrote:

Do you still have your old files? It may be that not all of them were copied over correctly and you might need to copy them again.

One other thing you can try first though is deleting the osu!.db that's inside your osu! folder. Please make sure you have the game closed while doing that.
i think i know why. because i was moving files with windows explorer, the folder AppData with all apps data (duh) didnt transfer. i looked in old folder with 7zip and it showed all hidden folders, im currently transferring them all now and i´ll write here if it worked