forum

[resolved] Osu! feels choppy after alt-tabbing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Antside
Hello! So for context I play on the latest osu!stable option and I have an AMD gpu. After alt-tabbing, most of the time, the game will feel very choppy, as if my fps was dropped. I can definitely see it. Also, everytime, around 3 seconds after I alt-tabbed, the screen will go black for half a second. It's pretty annoying. Apparently, this was caused by the new OpenGL introduced in the new amd gpu drivers after the 22.11.2 version. Back then, I followed that guide and my issue was fixed. Sadly, I recently changed pc, and while reinstalling these modded drivers, I noticed they got updated and they weren't the same. They've been giving a LOT of issues so I ended up having to uninstall them and go back to the official AMD drivers, and now the issue is back. I was wondering if anyone had another fix for this, or if the osu staff is aware of this and are planning to resolve this issue.
Death
You can install old driver versions directly from AMD's website, you don't need to install "modded" drivers or whatever.

What graphics card do you have specifically?
Topic Starter
Antside
I have an rx 5700 xt
Death
Topic Starter
Antside
Thank you, do you think this bug might be fixed one day?
Death
I'd hope so.