forum

farming for new player

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LonelyWeeb69420
Should i continue farming EZDT to gain ranks or should i try other skillsets?
Nikolai
just play the game lol
Nene Sakura
just play the way you want
I CAN FC
fun>farm
Edgar_Figaro
If you enjoy EZDT you can keep doing that but if your goal is long term improvement then you should probably focus on nomod.

EZDT is imo a trap that many new players fall into and hurts your improvement in the long term.
Topic Starter
LonelyWeeb69420

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

If you enjoy EZDT you can keep doing that but if your goal is long term improvement then you should probably focus on nomod.

EZDT is imo a trap that many new players fall into and hurts your improvement in the long term.
ive been thinking the same but now i just cant play anything other than EZDT, and im pretty new to ctb so idek what maps i should play.
Zyoulou

LonelyWeeb69420 wrote:

ive been thinking the same but now i just cant play anything other than EZDT, and im pretty new to ctb so idek what maps i should play.
My suggestion is to try to stick to half NM and half something else, but at minimum put half your time in NM. NM is like where you practice your fundamentals and mechanics. It's probably gonna be a bit hard compared to ezdt since you are not used to it, but it will be worth it! Don't expect the same pp value you are getting with ezdt right off the bat, set mini goals like get a 50 first, get 2* fc first and then slowly go up!

Looking at your top plays I see that you have a lot of converts, you should try to play a bit more specifics, imo that will help you out more in the beginning (don't simply drop converts tho, though they are pretty fun to play as well). You can do "mode=c" for specifics and "mode=o" for converts.