forum

[resolved] [Resolved] How to delete a corrupted beatmap from osu! (site)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
amongusrtx30080
Problem details: I Uploaded a beatmap (beatmapsets/1988623#osu/4131140) but the bg wasen't in the map page so I delete the beatmap from osu and tried to reinstall but it was corrupted is there any way I can delete it?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20230326 (latest)
THAT_otaku
Are you able to edit the corrupted map? the cause of this issue are the non-unicode characters in both diff names, being the Ô and ã. if you are able to remove those from the diff names then it will be fixed
Giai tich 2

THAT_otaku wrote:

Are you able to edit the corrupted map? the cause of this issue are the non-unicode characters in both diff names, being the Ô and ã. if you are able to remove those from the diff names then it will be fixed
The diff names should be non-ASCII, since "Ô" and "ã" are still Latin characters (which is a subset of Unicode characters)
Topic Starter
amongusrtx30080

THAT_otaku wrote:

No, But some times appear on the game but when I click to edit it ask to refresh the maps is there any way I can change that? if not can I delete the beatmap or I need to wait until it gets graveyard?
Giai tich 2

ACURUL wrote:

No, But some times appear on the game but when I click to edit it ask to refresh the maps is there any way I can change that? if not can I delete the beatmap or I need to wait until it gets graveyard?
Rename the actual file in the Song folder so it contains no non-ASCII character.

Open the game and refresh.
If you have too much beatmap, you can try:
Moving the folder of that mapset to somewhere else (e.g. your Desktop), and add 1 random valid osz in it, then reload the db (press F5). The game will process only new thing.

Then rename the osu file in the folder you've moved outside.

Move that folder back to Songs folder and reload the db.

The game would probably still able to read the metadata from the *.osu file and see the character in-game.

Just like the song name needs to be romanised, and have only ASCII char as filename, but the text inside (artist, song name in original language) can be CJK or whatever characters.

Then you can edit the map.
Topic Starter
amongusrtx30080

Giai tich 2 wrote:

ACURUL wrote:

Rename the actual file in the Song folder so it contains no non-ASCII character.

Open the game and refresh.
If you have too much beatmap, you can try:
Moving the folder of that mapset to somewhere else (e.g. your Desktop), and add 1 random valid osz in it, then reload the db (press F5). The game will process only new thing.

Then rename the osu file in the folder you've moved outside.

Move that folder back to Songs folder and reload the db.

The game would probably still able to read the metadata from the *.osu file and see the character in-game.

Just like the song name needs to be romanised, and have only ASCII char as filename, but the text inside (artist, song name in original language) can be CJK or whatever characters.

Then you can edit the map.
I can't find the mapset folder and the beatmap don't show in game now I tried to find it but it isn't on the folders or in game.
Death
Here, 've fixed it for you. You should be able to import this and update the online version with it: https://death.s-ul.eu/oZzzCfkN.osz
Topic Starter
amongusrtx30080

Death wrote:

Here, 've fixed it for you. You should be able to import this and update the online version with it: https://death.s-ul.eu/oZzzCfkN.osz
Thank you so much that's help a lot.