forum

Can't click many keys at a time! Help!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DiAkoCwayen
when playing mania,I could only click 1-3 selected keys at a time.
I don't know if the problem is in the osu! or my keyboard.
PLSSSS.... need help... :cry:
Slith
It's in your keyboard. it's ghosted i think so you can't press to many keys at a time
lolpoi_old
That is kind of odd that only 1-3 keys can be pressed at once, it's most likely your keyboard but most keyboards should be able to have 6 keys pressed at the same time.
Slith
well i guess i kinda agree on that if only 3 keys can be pressed at once only. maybe you keyboard is kinda dusty inside? it's important to keep it clean too
Drace
Well there is many keyboards out there with 2KRO, mostly low profile, ergonomic, typist friendly keyboards though. But they're certainly more common than you seem to believe. There's not many other things that could cause this so it's pretty much certain that the keyboard has a low KRO limit.

Gonna have to go shopping to overcome this :/
Bobbias
The other thing to consider is that sometimes certain key combinations cause blocking even though the keyboard can support more keys at once. I can't press JKL at the same time, but SDF HJK works fine.
Cuppp
Taadashi
Buy the microsoft sidewinder x4. :P It's cheap (19 bucks or something like that), works pretty well and can handle 20 keys pressed at once. :)
Tear
You shouldn't have to buy anything, use the tool Cuppp linked and you should be able to find a combination of keys where you can press all 6. Yuo can google a bit to find out how keyboards work, but basically on cheap keyboards keys are grouped into clusters and you can't press 3 keys in one cluster, so just find keys that span as many clusters as possible by trial and error.

But obviously, a mechanical keyboard is much more comfortable for playing :3
[Wiola]XeneKo

DiAkoCwayen wrote:

when playing mania,I could only click 1-3 selected keys at a time.
I don't know if the problem is in the osu! or my keyboard.
PLSSSS.... need help... :cry:

I find a way for, i have the limit of 4 keys on my portable when im using standard keys on osu mania (it means D,F,J,K) and when i wanted to play like 6K (S,D,F,J,K,L) that didn't work BUT if you switch those keys on Q,S,D,H,J,K it will work, well in my case it work.

I found it in 2H of thinking about it, so use your brains sometimes "if you want somenthing you can do this" :)
I hope i helped you have a nice game.
videla98
I know this is really really old. But maybe I can help someone... My keyboard didn't work for 7k if I had the standard SDF-Spacebar-JKL key bindings but it worked fine when setting the keys to QWE-Spacebar-IOP. I guess different keyboards have different restrictions so for anyone with this problem, you should try re-binding your keys until you find a setting that works for your keyboard
fumeware

videla98 wrote:

I know this is really really old. But maybe I can help someone... My keyboard didn't work for 7k if I had the standard SDF-Spacebar-JKL key bindings but it worked fine when setting the keys to QWE-Spacebar-IOP. I guess different keyboards have different restrictions so for anyone with this problem, you should try re-binding your keys until you find a setting that works for your keyboard

thank you for this, it worked wonders for me! :))
[Crz]Swinux
maybe it's because your pc is very old? back when I was using Mac it can process a maximum of 6 keys a time but after I changed to a good pc it's works
kurumi0624
i have found out a way to press many key at the same time i hope this will help your problem. the reason why you guys cant press 4 keys the same time because they are near at each other but if your osu menu lay out is 'a,s' and 'j,k' you should be able to press the keys at the same time