forum

[web] Mappers Ranking

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +33
show more
buny

Lust wrote:

wow why the hate on this guy

Wafu wrote:

I've made this topic, because we have working: Performance ranking, Score ranking, Kudosu ranking and BAT ranking
BAT ranking hasn't been updated in months
pretty hilarious though

anyways, i just don't think it's worth updating a system that i doubt any more people are going to be using.
Alarido
I can't say in behalf of others or even of 'the majority' of mappers, then I'll say why I map:

I map a song because I like it. And, fortunately, somewhen in the past I'd found osu! and started map in no time. Since that day, I found a way I'd been looking for materialize my psychedelism I've every time I hear one of my favorites. Mapping became to me a form of art, very suitable to my psychic needs of expression of my abstract thoughts and feelings. These ones, embodied and combined with the map itself, give to players an unique experience of taste my abstract thoughts and feelings, no matter they like or hate, no matter they agree or disagree. So a 'Mappers Ranking Chart' doesn't mean anything to me, unless for curiosity (as anyone skimming a horoscope, even without believing it).
Lust
wow thats a very trippy way of explaining your feelings alarido
Tidek
Fix star rating first pls. ;/
Topic Starter
Wafu

Tidek wrote:

Fix star rating first pls. ;/
wrong section lel
Rakuen
Here's my opinion, read at your will

It's an interesting idea

But I agree with this:

buny wrote:

implying popularity doesn't affect how good the map is going to be rated
Firstly, ranked beatmaps include some old maps with no standard mapping skills yet
With an extra from rating such as 2x of rating points doesn't make sense, anyone could rate your map with low marks even how pretty and how awesome is your mapping skill. Why? cuz they may not like the song and your mapping skills, not everyone has the same view

I don't suggest that graveyarding a beatmap gets points, it would be unfair
Some of the mappers just mapped and then gave up, as result it's kept forever in graveyard, free points
Although it's a good idea of getting new players to try mapping, but it conflicts with the other suggestions

Wafu wrote:

1. If pending beatmap stays 30 days unranked, it won't give points anymore, only when it gets ranked.
^ I disagree without writing my reason

In conclusion, mappers have their own mapping style and their own creativity
But of course only at a standard of mapping skill can make the map to be ranked / approved
If there's no BATs like your mapping skills at the moment, then how will your map ranked?

That's all, hope it helps
Topic Starter
Wafu
If he likes the style, it doesn't mean he needs to vote 10. 5 and more is irl good rating, less is bad.
Let's say he will vote 5 - rankable, technically no problems, but simple style or something, 6 - good map, no issues, style uses blankets and clear shapes, 7 - natural flow, 8 - map is consistent, 9 - map is sensible 10 - map has nothing to point out. This is how should EVERYONE vote irl, but a lot of players just vote 0 or 10, because they don't judge things I said. BATs are more reliable than players, so that's why they should vote it.
Lust
BATs, reliable?! Why put more workload on them when most of them do not have time to mod
Topic Starter
Wafu

Lust wrote:

BATs, reliable?! Why put more workload on them when most of them do not have time to mod
I don't think it is tragedy to press one more button in bubble's post.. lol
Oyatsu
/me likes this! :D
Lust

Wafu wrote:

Lust wrote:

I don't think it is tragedy to press one more button in bubble's post.. lol
They would have to analyze the beatmap again to see what rating it would fall under. And I'm sure not just a single BAT would be looking over a mapset, thats why we have the bubble-rank system as a check and balance, to make sure no mistakes slip through the cracks (they still do).
Frostmourne
I don't like because I don't want to vote. Maps will be just based on BATs' opinion which isn't that reliable.
That will just cause biasing.
[Luanny]
great, now mappers would have something to farm, too!
~mapper pp~
everybody speedranking dem 2 diff spreads to farm points
I can see where this is going.
I also agree with Frost, it will be totally biased
cheesiest
I have to disagree w/ the idea of a Mapper's Ranking

[Luanny] wrote:

great, now mappers would have something to farm, too!
~mapper pp~
everybody speedranking dem 2 diff spreads to farm points
I can see where this is going.
I also agree with Frost, it will be totally biased

Frostmourne wrote:

I don't like because I don't want to vote. Maps will be just based on BATs' opinion which isn't that reliable.
That will just cause biasing.
neonat
Let's be content that we contribute whatever we can to what we can play on osu! \o/
Topic Starter
Wafu
That's all about realization. Why do we have pp if it does not judge player's skill right and never will? And why is there broken, non-updated Mappers Ranking. Either make both rankings work, or delete both. That's all.
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
Andrea will still get #1 anyways
deadbeat

[CSGA]Ar3sgice wrote:

Andrea will still get #1 anyways
then the ranking will still be flawed ( o.o)
/me runs
S o h
I think a total average of the map rating would be sufficient to rank mappers. The 1-10 star rating.
Topic Starter
Wafu

Souen- wrote:

I think a total average of the map rating would be sufficient to rank mappers. The 1-10 star rating.
1-10? You mean 1 or 10. This is how people vote. lol
Dexus
uhhh? http://osu.ppy.sh/p/mapperranking

I don't really know but that page is there. Is this what you're asking for?
Lust

Dexus wrote:

uhhh? http://osu.ppy.sh/p/mapperranking

I don't really know but that page is there. Is this what you're asking for?
did you even read the thread
Flower
The problem is not that the mapper ranking is flawed, or something.

It's a must to at least make it up-to-date. After beatmap file format v10, new mappers are not listed on the ranking chart. (So do I, lol.)

After that, we could discuss further calculation.
Bara-
BUMP
I really want this